Volume Button coating

Bought a Nillkin case (Hard case) few days back the fit was not perfect but still i used the case (HMD is not providing their clear case either in the box or as a accessory in INDIA) and today when i removed the case this happened (see picture) and now if i use my nail and slide it across the button the whole coating will remove.

Volume Button coating

Manish Toor Manish Toor
✭✭✭  /  edited November 2020

Bought a Nillkin case (Hard case) few days back the fit was not perfect but still i used the case (HMD is not providing their clear case either in the box or as a accessory in INDIA) and today when i removed the case this happened (see picture) and now if i use my nail and slide it across the button the whole coating will remove.

SO is it poor coating or the cover ruined my device.

IS IT FIXABLE? if NOT THEN I Want suggestion - remove whole button coating (coz its not strong i.e can be easily removed) or not?

@HMDLaura

😓😭😤

Tagged:

Comments

• I also use Nilkin hard cover and I haven't had this issue but as I know the cover is very hard and in some cases it has damaged or scratched the phone's frame .

• frzkhn_ frzkhn_
    ✭✭  / 

Remove all coating cuz i already seen Coating already removed on my phone

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

Unless You can buy a new volume button (AliExpress?) You could remove the coating...

It's gonna come off anyway.

Regarding Nillkin cases: Personally I never had any issues with their products.

• Manish Toor Manish Toor
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Jocke.Sve and @Ardavan

Yes, i removed the coating.

I knew that button is plastic but didn't knew about it being in similar Cyan green color. Actually there are 2 layer over the button - 1st one is white and then the cyan green. As you can see its smidge dull than the original color.