Does hmdglobal and nokia mobile read and listen what people need in this community?

Do people at @hmdglobal and @nokiamobile listen to us? What people want and what people need from their smartphone? I doubt it.

Does hmdglobal and nokia mobile read and listen what people need in this community?

Nasri96 Nasri96
 / 
Do people at @hmdglobal and @nokiamobile listen to us? What people want and what people need from their smartphone? I doubt it. I think this community is for sure to improve quality and performance, comments what people need and more. Please I need an answer. If they do, why they don't stick as its own design smartphone? I know they have more patents. Why must the devices have a notch design at the screen? Maybe some people like it, but for me it still strange. I dont like the notch. Btw, i'm using Nokia7+. And i love it. If they do listen to us, please, keep your own design language. The "notch design" for me is like a cancer. But in terms of updates, i praise them. They doing really good job.

Comments

• tanveer tanveer
     /  edited September 28
    Nokia is insensitive and no one in Nokia side listening or answering...... We r just wasting our time thinking nokia is alive
  • Nasri96 Nasri96
     /  edited September 28

Maybe or maybe not. Or maybe we really just wasting our time with nokia thinking it would come to live again and be top ranking smartphone company. 

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 

I think they listen to us, they just rarely reply to us ;) I'm sure that feedback we're giving is being considered, but they will also look at market research, market trends and their own sales figures and other metrics to work out what they think will sell best. I'd like to see HMD make another slide out QWERTY keyboard Communicator-phone with touch screen, like the N900, but I'm pretty sure that it will not sell as well as another full touch screen phone with a notch :D

• rinzler rinzler
     /  edited September 27
    Is there any way we can give in our suggestions for their next phone... The chances are close to nil and might not even be considered ... But it would be great for the community if it were possible
  • user1535612527430 user1535612527430
     /  edited September 27

Doubt it. If they listened, they would've at least cared to correct something that's not working in their website :

https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000033766

• subir subir
     / 
    I am asking questions to Nokia, and very regret to say that, I didn't got any response.
  • user1535612527430 user1535612527430
     /  edited September 28

Every multinational brand that finds a firm grip in the market, treats customers like slaves. They enjoy & exploit the self created (obviously with the help of media)  so-called frenzy, and leave it to the customers to solve their problems through forums. Just go through the websites, there won't be a single option for a consumer to chose, if they want to communicate with an executive representing the company,rather than chose something from the mentioned pre-prepared questions. 

• subir subir
     / 

Its very true. I migrated from Xiaomi A1 (android one program) to Nokia 6.1 Plus, thought that Nokia is promising to release the security updates and FOTA, but unfortunately, they are representing themselves among the one like Xiaomi treating with customers. No one either from HMD Global or Nokia or Moderators are replying to any of the queries the customers are asking. today is 21/09/2018, but still we are stuck to August 1, 2018 security update. what the mess, unable to understand. the market share will again fall as they did in the previous years. 

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 28

HMD don't have a sufficient grip on the market to be complacent about customer service or community engagement. The only smartphone manufacturers who can take this attitude are Apple, Samsung because they have an enormous market share and Google themselves because they're not trying to sell smartphones to make money, they're doing it to sell spyware services.

HMD's main selling points at present are the Nokia brand (which they have to be careful not to destroy faith in), hardware quality and robustness and the Android One scheme. Unfortunately Android One seems to mean that they ignore community requests for fear of not being able to get Android One certification. If they don't keep up with security updates then I think it's reasonable for customers to demand compensation because it would be considered mis-selling.