Nokia 7.2 GPS Error

Vatsa Vatsa
✭✭  / 

GPS error !!! Unable to fix the issue

Comments

• Kenjro Kenjro
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia7.2 导航时不能定位

• I found that you get your gps working when you switch back from 4G to 3G.

It is a workaround of course.

I red somewhere on the forum that the nokia has troubles getting gps info from the 4G network.

• VINCK GEERT VINCK GEERT
    ✭✭  / 

Dame problem here, with 4G I have no gps signal, with 3G problem solved. Is this a temporary problem?

• James 21 James 21
    ✭✭  / 

I too have gps navigation problem after updating the recent software update

• Pierre-L Pierre-L
    ✭✭  /  edited January 4

Hi,

I can confirm I'm having the same issue on Nokia 7.2

Luckily found this thread, and can confirm it seems to be a software issue.

I've tried to get back to 3G and rebooted the phone, now apps like Waze or Outdooractive are happy with GPS Signal again... had so much frustration during my holidays while trying to use such apps especially for trekking... that I had to use a 'spare' iPhone for that :-(

Let's hope HMD will find the bug and update quickly.

Switching to 3G when you only need GPS tracking on the road or in trek is not really an inconvenience, most apps still works properly.

GPS Status app confirms GPS signals when going outside to the balcony 😊

• pascalou pascalou
    ✭✭  / 

Hello, in my case, on 3G or on 4G, I always have the pb with my GPS. for such a recent phone, two months of this failure seems intolerable to me. when will we have the fix of this bug? For me, I always use my phone as a modem and I need the 4G, and I drive a lot and I always use the GPS. Please, find the fix!

• Beniamino Beniamino
    ✭✭  / 

Hello,

I also confirm the issue on my Nokia 7.2. No workaround seems to be working for me. Contacted assistance as well and they mentioned that they are aware of issues on Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2 with latest SW update (V2.390_B01 / 00WW_2_390) and are investigating it. Although it seems to be now quite some time since the issue started appearing.

• MoNokia MoNokia
    ✭✭  / 

I also confirm the issue on my Nokia 7.2. No workaround seems to be working for me. Contacted assistance as well and they mentioned that they are aware of issues on Nokia 6.2 and Nokia 7.2 with latest SW update (V2.390_B01 / 00WW_2_390) and are investigating it.

Frankly I started to regret switching from Huawei to Nokia!!!

• Vatsa Vatsa
    ✭✭  / 

Same issue.

Tempted to trade my Nokia for another brand. Frustrated.

• Crocster Crocster
    ✭✭  / 

I can confirm the issue with 2 phones purchased late last year. GPS navigation worked initially but has not worked for at least several weeks now at least.

I have just found this official forum and am surprised no representative from the company has posted here advising on the status of the investigation and likely time to patch.

The phones are not fit for purpose under Australian consumer law and we will be returning them unless some advice is given soon.

• Adhate Adhate
     / 

Any solution for gps problem, mine gps not working since November...🙄🙄🙄😣😣😣

Realy annoying.. tried with 3G but not working

• Dear Nokia 7.2 Team

I am facing GPS issue since Nov 2020. Due lockdown I am not taking out my car because of this GPS issue. Pls fix the issue. I have done all the possibilities to fix the issue even after reboot and resetting factory default. But it seems some big problem with this phone.

• Ashley_nz Ashley_nz
     / 

Hi, was having the same issue. switched to 3g and all worked well. I did a bit more googling and came across this old post;

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/8475/gps-not-working

When I did the following GPS started working again even on 4g;

Settings-System-Advanced-Reset Options and then press 'Reset app preferences'