Forced Factory reset

Hi, When setting the 'setting - display - advanced - lock screen display - lock screen - show no notifications content' and then restarting the device, it will force me to a screen (black) with two options :

Forced Factory reset

Johan O Johan O
✭✭  / 

Hi,

When setting the 'setting - display - advanced - lock screen display - lock screen - show no notifications content' and then restarting the device, it will force me to a screen (black) with two options : try again and factory reset. As the try again loops it forces me to do a factory reset

By restarting the device i simulate the situation as when an android update or a google play system update will be installed.

Why am i doing this ? From the start of using the nokia 3.4 (2 weeks ago) it force me after installing the september update manually, to the same screen with the try again - factory reset choices. So i lost some confidence in the device therefor i regularly did some manual restarts and observed several forced factory resets under different conditions.

Finally, i'm now able to reproduce the error under 1 condition as described above.

If you have the same observation, please post your remarks and contact nokia service center, so they can restore my, your confidence in nokia 3.4

thx, gtx, Johan

Comments

• Johan O Johan O
    ✭✭  / 

up

• pumpkinzz pumpkinzz
    ✭✭  / 

Hello Nokia Support,

A lot of people reported that issues with their 3.4 phones after last update to v1.200.

Also it would be great if you release update for camera because right now photos are a bit blurrie.

I choose Nokia 3.4 in first place because of Nokia brand. I hope you will take into accout all of the issues people have and release an update to fix them. I still believe that Nokia can produce good quality phones. Please do not disappoint us people who love Nokia.

Please make Nokia great again.

Thanks.

• User68 User68
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, I also think the photos are blurry, but when the light is a little darker, the photos are really bad, blurry and grainy.

• pumpkinzz pumpkinzz
    ✭✭  / 

Exactly. The problem is more in the camera software. I think Nokia can make some improvements on their side for better photos quality. I understand that this is budget device but still if Nokia can improve a lot of things then why not?

Have you faced any issues after v1.200 updates?

A lot of ppl complaining about phone reset and also random phone reboot. Right now I decided not to update my phone. It seems it depends on the device itself. Some ppl update and everything is okay and other have issues.

• User68 User68
    ✭✭  / 

@pumpkinzz I had no problems after the update v1.200. No reset and no spontaneous reboots.

-I have only the two problems that 5Hz WLAN does not connect, it connects only with 2.4GHz WLAN (I am already in contact with support).

-And the minimum ringtone volume is still way too loud. Just like the Nokia Start Jingle. (Support has no solution for that).

But I think I had these two problems also before the v1.200 update.

• SkyScanner SkyScanner
    ✭✭  / 

I have 3.4 full of problems update is on september no further updates I checked this morning and nothing