No USB audio after December security patch?

I occasionally use the Creative SXFI Amp, a small USB DAC/headphone amp. I know it used to work before the December security patch.

No USB audio after December security patch?

Gorhug Gorhug
✭✭  / 

I occasionally use the Creative SXFI Amp, a small USB DAC/headphone amp. I know it used to work before the December security patch. Now that I try connecting the amp, it does not react at all: it has a small LED indicator that normally lights up when connected, but it does not light up; the SXFI App that's used to control the amp doesn't see it present; no sound can be heard. The amp is in working condition (works fine connected to PC).

Anyone else with a USB DAC or USB connected headphones that could check if it's a thing in general caused by the SP or if it's something specific to my phone?

Tagged:

Comments

• Gorhug Gorhug
    ✭✭  / 

Either the issue was temporary or the January security patch fixed the issue for me.

• Gorhug Gorhug
    ✭✭  / 

... and the issue is back again. So it's not related to patches. I can't bother to investigate it further as I don't really need the functionality right now, but this is rather disappointing (I've seen some other software issues as well, including bluetooth sound stopping to function until reboot, so I'm not surprised about this).