Catch 22 / poor service

😫I have ordered a new handset. I was expecting delivery today. Instead I got an e-mail saying it was with DHL today.

Catch 22 / poor service

Ian Walters Ian Walters
✭✭  /  edited December 2020

😫I have ordered a new handset. I was expecting delivery today. Instead I got an e-mail saying it was with DHL today. Except that they have given me someone else`s tracking reference. Online chat with customer care, who has said to take this up with DHL. DHL wont talk to me without the correct tracking number. Anyone else experienced really bad customer service like this ?

I notice that unless you choose to the contrary, the default emoji is of a smiley face. Not in this case buddy, I was looking for one with steam coming out of its ears.

Comments

• Catt29 Catt29
    ✭✭  / 

I have had the same issue today, I am enraged by the poor customer service been going round and round all day still waiting

• Michelle_pick Michelle_pick
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem here too! Ordered 24th and got someone’s November tracking info. Customer service keep telling me to wait and deleting the chat. Had to email them today and if no reply by end of the week I’ll apply to get a refund with my bank.

• gdra gdra
    ✭✭  /  edited January 5

I'm having similar issues. Ordered on 31st December, found I had a tracking number from an order that was delivered in November and alerted customer services. They replied quickly to say their E-commerce team would investigate but since then I've had zero indication of how long this will take and/or when I can expect my phone. They have of course taken payment in the meantime. Every time I contact support they just tell me the case is still being investigated and to wait for an email from E-commerce. Very frustrating as there seems to be no urgency to send me my phone, the lack of communication and any sort of timescale is very irritating and disappointing. If I do not hear from them by the end of the week I will also be seeking a refund.

Update: The chat support person has just told me I can expect my phone in the next day or two, I will comment on here again to confirm if and how this was resolved. Hopefully it will be useful to anyone else who has this issue in the future.

• Benny53 Benny53
    ✭✭  / 

Same here.

Ordered the new 5.4 phone on the 31st Dec with nextday delivery , I expected it on the 4th Jan due to the weekend and Bank Holiday and I still waiting for the phone and a answer from customer services as to when I will get it. So I am not holding my breath.

I ask myself, is this due to the new VAT tax regime for goods being sold from outside the UK to buyers in the UK where non UK based sellers have to register for UK VAT!

According the sales information I have paid the UK tax. Either way it not good I could be getting another make of phone if it does not come very soon over the years I have had a number of Nokia phones, the one that broke could be the last one! 🤬🤬

✭✭  / 

Anyone had a reply or order yet? Starting to look like I’ll need to take further action to get my phone or refund!

• gdra gdra
    ✭✭  /  edited January 7

Just following up to say the two days have now passed and still no sign of my phone. I spoke to someone this morning and was told to wait til the end of the day but to be honest I wasn't expecting anything as I've had none of the usual DHL notifications (which in theory I should receive even if I have the wrong tracking number). There seems to be confusion over whether or not my phone has actually been dispatched! They keep blaming the delay on the bank holiday but we're now 4 working days in since then so they can't just keep blaming that when they supposedly offer next day delivery 🤨 No email from E-commerce about the investigation either, had one yesterday from support to say they are still investigating but only after I emailed them first. Really poor communication!!

• gdra gdra
    ✭✭  / 

So, after telling me it would arrive today, I've now been told an exact date can't be given. Really poor customer service! I have emailed to request that if the device hasn't been shipped (I have been variously told it has and it hasn't by different agents) to cancel and refund the order. I'd rather pay an extra £10 and get it from a different supplier than have to deal with this mess!

✭✭  / 

I’ve been trying to get a refund since Monday but have been told I need to wait for the phone to arrive to then return it. But they can’t tell me where my order is, or why I haven’t received it, or when I will hear anything!

hope we haven’t been scammed....

• gdra gdra
    ✭✭  / 

So bad! I'm sure we've not been scammed but it certainly feels like it at the moment 😫

• Catt29 Catt29
    ✭✭  / 

Anyone recieved anything yet? I'm livid, could have had one delivered by Amazon by now...

• Catt29 Catt29
    ✭✭  / 

Think I'm going to have to get a chargeback at this rate

• Never again Never again
    ✭✭  / 

I ordered a phone on the 29th Dec and have the same issue given a tracking number for something delivered in November. The online chat is a waste of time they even told me that it wasn’t a Nokia issue and they end the chat without helping. I’ve also emailed and had no reply. Does anyone have a different email or contact for Nokia of someone or a department who might actually try and resolve the issue. The customer service is terrible I’ll never use Nokia again

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Gah! I wish we had some support people on the forums whom I/we could tag to get some attention. Did you guys contact them via social media? Maybe that can help in expediting a bit since the social media teams are usually a bit serious about their reputation.

It is very likely that hmd doesn't have the stocks and hence isn't able to ship out the phones. It's sad to have paid for something and never get to know of the order status afterwards for weeks.

✭✭  / 

I tweeted them 3 times, then finally got an email later on yesterday to be told wait another 7 working days as they can’t cope with the Christmas orders. But I ordered morning of 24th December.... the story seems to keep changing!

• Never again Never again
    ✭✭  /  edited January 9

Giving people false tracking numbers is a disgrace and is surely a breach of the customer rights act. As they have acknowledged that the number is wrong but won’t give a correct one or try to resolve the issue.

even more shocking is that they obviously know about the problem but are still taking orders from people

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Indeed. And why mark orders as shipped when they aren't? It wouldn't be too hard to leave a status like "We're overloaded by orders." and offer real time updates including a best estimate of when the products will be shipped out. And along with this a cancel button "Can't wait for us to ship your order? Cancel here for a full refund". I know that's a lost sale, but that's good customer service - one that will make customer experiences great.

• Catt29 Catt29
    ✭✭  / 

I got a reply from complaints and they said it will be another 7 days or I can cancel and get a refund but a refund takes 14 days, takes the ****, I'm a support worker and having a phone is vital and I'm currently on one that's almost dead

• peter01 peter01
     / 

Just chiming in here with my similar experience. Ordered on 2nd Jan. Chased 3x during the following week including this morning. Decided I'd had enough and re-ordered same phone through Amazon. Unbelievably a courier then appeared with my Nokia Webshop phone which I then had to refuse delivery of... Not expecting a fast turn around on the refund.

Package was so badly addressed I'm amazed he managed to find us. No name, no company name, just a building address so suspect that could be a cause of some missing deliveries. Nokia not wanting to admit to incompetence seems to fit with what we've been fed by Customer Support.

• Catt29 Catt29
    ✭✭  / 

So I'm still yet to receive anything, the phone or a refund... Nothing has arrived, my partner has bought me one from Amazon and that is already here... In the meantime I've noticed Nokia have gifted me some headphones which apparently come Monday, but still no sign of the phone coming or tracking details, I asked for a refund but have not even been replied to. I love Nokia phones but I will never order direct ever again, the customer service is laughable

✭✭  / 

Mine arrived 2.5 weeks after ordering it! Funny how the print label was timed 30 minutes after I kicked off big time on Twitter! Annoying you have to do it but it’s also sad that’s the only way it works! Emails still haven’t been replied to!

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I hope you'll get your refund now. Tbh you should have taken the phone and settled it. And you should have refunded the Amazon one.

I've seen some very scary incidents of refunds. I now hope yours will be better :) After all the trouble, I hope at least the phone delivers well and makes your experience better.