Is it the PIA VPN app or my phone?

The Private Internet Access (PIA) virtual private network (VPN) app keeps disconnecting.

Is it the PIA VPN app or my phone?

Sour Trout Sour Trout
✭✭  / 

The Private Internet Access (PIA) virtual private network (VPN) app keeps disconnecting. Sometimes if I wait it will reconnect, other times I have to pull down the quick menu for it to do so. I have tried all the different connections in the app, and it happens regardless of the near full battery, also when charging or not charging. The app has been set to optimise and not optimise battery usage. Sometimes the app just does not respond and has to be stopped in the Android apps settings. Sometimes when the app stops the phone freezes for a minute, which can lead to me having to restart the phone. Also, if I am streaming the app will stop and the browser will close, and the System UI not responding message will pop up. I use Chrome, Edge, Opera and Firefox. The phone and PIA VPN app are up to date. This has been happening for as long as I have had the app, maybe a year. Is anybody else having similar issues?