Camera keeps stopping on Nokia 3.4

Today (Jan.1, 2021) I found a critical problem about camera app on Nokia 3.4.

Camera keeps stopping on Nokia 3.4

Today (Jan.1, 2021) I found a critical problem about camera app on Nokia 3.4. When I take a photos, it's appear message box "Camera keeps stopping" in sometime. After that I restart my phone and found problem again, I tested other function - Portrait, Video and Night mode, when I choose it the camera app will closed.

I posted about this problem on my facebook fanpage "Nokia Fan Thailand" and found other users in Thailand who found this problem too.

Maybe about some software update ?

Comments

• dhurk_delos dhurk_delos
    ✭✭  / 

Same here from the philippines... Nokia 3.4.. camera app crashes when switching to video.... Or when switching to portrait mode.. or when tapping camera settings...

Iv installed third party camera app.. and its okay... So.. the problem is the default camera app... Tried factory reset ... Still dont work

• Same at srilanka.

✭✭  / 

Iv read a thread in nokia 8.3 5g...about manually changing time back to dec 1 2020 or earlier while the camera app is on... Then going back to camera...then camera functions as it should...

But this is temporary... Because time turns to current... And you launch the camera app... It acts the same glitch it had..

Question is... Is their a nokia 3.4 user.. not affected by this camera issue?

• I sent an e-mail to [email protected] and now camera app back to work again.

see pics

• I must turn off network-privided time zone too, and set date to today. Camera app will work again.

• That worked for me

• Muddasar Ahmad Muddasar Ahmad
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 3.4 camera keep stopping isues not resolved problem still in fone camera not working.

I am from Pakistan

Please resolved the problem.

Attached with picture. Camera not working still problem.

✭✭  / 

Still couldnt make the effect permanent... Maybe somtime on... I could get it right..

My nokia build number is

00WW_1_200

• Julius_Oppong Julius_Oppong
    ✭✭  / 

Have you gotten any OTA update recently? Mine is 00WW_1_090 and I'm still stuck on the September 5 security update from box.

• DAVY Y DAVY Y
    ✭✭  / 

I got a Nokia 8.3 and have the same issue, some guys reported it is work with the above solutions but it doesn't work on me, I have changed to 30 Dec 2020 manually and worked for a while, then it keeps crashing after I manually changed back to 2 Jan 2021.

✭✭  / 

First canera launch works... Second launch doesnt...

Theres a builed suppose to be released dec 22 2020... The nov build: 00WW_1_260.... But it wont update to that build somehow..

My build 00WW_1_200.... Is as it is after i first set it up...

I was wondering if there is a nokia 3.4 that does not suffer this glitch, or is this just some number of phones

• Now I must set this to solve problem and camera app will work well.

1. turned-off Use network-provided time and Use network-provided time zone

2. Set the date by manual back to Dec.30, 2020

✭✭  / 

Turned them all off as well... Turned back time to dec 30 2020... I can take pictures... If i turn the date to current manually..

I can take pictures long as i didnt close the camera app...

If i close it with the current time... I can launch it once and use video or portrait mode...

If i close it again... And launch it a second time... The app crashes when tapping video, portrait or just tapping camera settings...

I switched everything off in the time settings.

Atleast this method work for others... But not to my unit..

• Same problem here. Camera app crashes when I try to go to video, potrait, night modes. Sometimes it display a error message "Camera keeps stopping" and crashes.

I tried the solution above, changing the date to 30/12/2020 and then manually again setting the date to the current. But it doesn't seem to solve the issue.

✭✭  / 

Can nokia service center solve this issue? If i replace this with another nokia 3.4, will this problem not appear again in other units? Anyone have their phone solved by nokia service centers?

• DoesNotWork DoesNotWork
    ✭✭  / 

I doubt replacing phone solves anything. It seems the software has serious problems, like the last update force you to factory reset

• Ferr0 Ferr0
     / 

I solved it by putting the phone in airplane mode, then reboot. Next, I reset/disabled /downgraded most settings of the camera. And now it works, even with all settings back on. Who can help me figure out what did the trick? I did nothing with the datetime settings.

✭✭  / 

Tried your method... Did not work for me..

The date settings methods works... "as long as" the camera was launched remembering the old date... I can relaunch it another time even if time is manually set to current...

A second relaunch at current time... The problem bout switching to video that crashes the app returns...(like it now knows the current time)

✭✭  / 

Theres an announcement post thread

"Nokia 8.3 5G and Nokia 3.4 camera fix"

Hmd staff informed that they are working for a software fix as they have identified the cause of the problem...

Hope the patch arrives soon, and to all countries...

• Hi im also faceing same problem with camera ... is any solution for this issue ?

• kev kev
    ✭✭  / 

Same here (Switzerland). I usually only take photos so I didn't notice that. When I switch to portrait, video or night, the app crashes. Also when i tab to Options (3 lines in the upper left corner).

I have just contacted the support by mail.

• Brentos Brentos
    ✭✭  / 

It has only just started happening on my Nokia 8.5 but unfortunately, none of the fixes above, via Nokia Support or Google Support worked for me, which Nokia has agreed to that the fix doesn't work for everyone. So they are urgently working on a patch and will release it as soon as possible. Hope it's soon as the popup message every 30 seconds it really annoying.

• pumpkinzz pumpkinzz
    ✭✭  /  edited January 6

I received camera update in google play. It seems they fixed issue. Can you guys check on your phones?

• kev kev
    ✭✭  / 

No camera update for me yet.

• akbarkhandotpk akbarkhandotpk
    ✭✭  /  edited January 6

The camera app was last updated on 4th Jan. It has been working fine now for me.

• pumpkinzz pumpkinzz
    ✭✭  / 

Try to restart your phone or clear cache for google play market. It should appear in updates. (or search hmd camera)

• gipo gipo
    ✭✭  / 

Just got the update installed and the camera actually works again

• NokiaFanTH NokiaFanTH
    ✭✭  / 

Now I can updated camera app from Play Store and camera work well again.