Can anyone tell me how I can extend the call ring time on incoming calls on my Nokia 2.4..

My phone only rings ONCE or TWICE and I am unable to answer most calls in time before the phone cuts out and as a result of this I end up having to phone my contacts back.

Can anyone tell me how I can extend the call ring time on incoming calls on my Nokia 2.4..

JohnBhoy JohnBhoy
✭✭  / 

My phone only rings ONCE or TWICE and I am unable to answer most calls in time before the phone cuts out and as a result of this I end up having to phone my contacts back. Can someone please advise me on how to fix this problem. I have tried the internet and it appears that this is a common problem with Nokia phones but I have been unable to find a satisfactory solution.

Answers

• pat garry pat garry
    ✭✭  / 

How to extend ring on nokia 8.3 5g

• Chrissiede Chrissiede
    ✭✭  / 

Not sure where you’re from, but I am from Australia and to increase the number of ring seconds to 30 (which for us is the maximum), I have tried the (online suggested) command for Nokia 5.4 is **61*121*11*30#, and it works well. The 61 is Australia’s international code, so if you make the the transfer, it should work probably on any Nokia ...one hopes.

• JohnBhoy JohnBhoy
    ✭✭  / 

Chrissiede,

Thanks for going to he bother of replying to my post. I have tried your suggestion previously and it seems to work for a short time then reverts back to original settings. You would think that on a Nokia Forum/ Community site like this that someone from Nokia would look at it now and again and give the Nokia customers the answers to their questions or as i would call it Customer Service.

I am in Scotland and it is unbelievable that a mobile phone company DOES NOT have a customer service telephone number to contact them in the U.K. !

• Sudiptapal Sudiptapal
    ✭✭  / 

If you are using "My Phone" app on your Nokia device to come to this forum, then you can try "Support" Section of this app to ask nokia customer support staff directly for solutions of your problem. But what I can understand overall by reading your post is that it's mostly a cellular operator problem. Your cellular operator or mobile service providers decides how long a call gonna ring , And Not Nokia. The world avarage is pretty much 30 seconds , and as far as I'm concerned... Unless you are somekind of corporate customer, you can't ask them to customise and change it. Usually when someone calls you , your android phone starts ringing after few seconds it first receives the call wasting those ring seconds. At the meantime, if you use google's default "Phone" app as your default dialler and if the "detect spam and suspecius calls" system is turned on, then it starts doing that at those missing seconds. Integrating with google servers detecting and all sorta stuff. And android lotta other stuff too when a call comes in. I won't call android a convenient os for calling and receiving phone calls.

I also face these kinda problems on daily basis.

Sorry couldn't give you a better solution to solve your problem.

Love from India.

• JohnBhoy JohnBhoy
    ✭✭  / 

Sudipatal,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query. Fortunately for me my network provider (3 mobile ) have replaced my Nokia with a Samsung phone. I will never have a Nokia phone again, even if they secure world domination in the phone market and are the only models available.

JohnBhoy.