GPS problem continues and other strange behaviour

When does Nokia with a fix to lost GPS signal? It is really irritating that you cannot rely on Google maps working in new places.

GPS problem continues and other strange behaviour

NevanKostaja NevanKostaja
✭✭  /  edited January 2

When does Nokia with a fix to lost GPS signal? It is really irritating that you cannot rely on Google maps working in new places.

There has been numerous issues with this phone.

1. Bluetooth did not properly work with car's Bluetooth system: sometimes it got connected but did not obey buttons in my car, sometimes it did not connect at all. This one got fixed at some point in n December 2020.

2. At times when phone is in charge over night, it reboots itself without starting again. Have missed morning alarms because of this. Can't trust on alarms if there is an important trip coming.

3. GPS doesn't work at the time being. How long does it take time for Nokia to fix it?

4. Also Google calendar doesn't seem to work. You make a calendar item and save it but it does not show up.

Do I recommend Nokia 6.2 for someone? Answer now is: no.

Comments

• Vasilis Kos. Vasilis Kos.
    ✭✭  / 

Just received the January update. No fix for the camera issue, and no fix for the GPS bug too! Wake up Nokia! When do you plan to do something about them? 🤬😡

• Nouman019 Nouman019
    ✭✭  / 

Problems 1 and 3 happening with me too. Both problems are too irritating and time wasting.

Needs to be solved asap!

• NevanKostaja NevanKostaja
    ✭✭  / 

It would seem to me that latest update did something to GPS problem. At least it worked on a shorter trip now without problem.

✭✭  / 

I was feeling lucky too early. GPS doesn't work now. Incredible. How can a big tech company like Nokia let this happen for months?

✭✭  / 

Today's 00WW_2_400 update finally fixed the GPS bug! Have in mind that I had to restart the phone once more after the update. Now it works fine! 😊

Thanks Nokia for fixing (though it took quite long time to do so...).

• maxXx1 maxXx1
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, the same problem.

The phone has problems with dark mode, sometimes it accidentally restarts or shuts down, but a broken GPS is really a big problem.

Support will offer several temporary solutions that only work for a few seconds in my case.

I have recommended these phones to many of my customers and now I am a moron because they all have the same problem.

I was a big fan of Nokia, but this has been suffering for 2 months. I will never recommend another Nokia phone to anyone again.

✭✭  / 

Today GPS worked but no guarantees it will do it so tomorrow as I don't see that any updates would have taken place.

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭  / 

I had serious trouble with getting a decent satellite fix today. I don't know if the recent February Security Patch has anything to do with the situation. Anyway, seems that there is still something terribly wrong with the GPS.

✭✭  / 

My GPS works fine after February patch too. Like after the fix in January's patch.