3.15P – Better than ever?

I feel like this is the best build Nokia ever made for our device up to date.

3.15P – Better than ever?

AvgJoe AvgJoe
✭✭✭  / 

I feel like this is the best build Nokia ever made for our device up to date.

* Background app killing / notifications bug is finally gone

* No ghost touch

* Device working snappier than ever, looks like RAM management is much improved

* No animation micro glitches (were very bad on Android 9, much better on 10, now looks completely gone)

* Battery life is great as usual

Has anyone else noticed performance improvements since the last build? It might be a placebo...

Comments

• NoobMaster69 NoobMaster69
    ✭✭  / 
    • ghost touch still there.
    • cant block anyone on hotspot
    • device performance ok, but there are glitches in animation frequently.
    • the only, good thing in this build is FINGERPRINT HARDWARE NOT AVAILABLE critical bug not encountered since a week now, lets hope it doesnt come back XD
  • AvgJoe AvgJoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

I have no ghost touch since 3.15K, and no animation glitches since 3.15P, also device just feels snappier, it would hog after several days of uptime with the earlier builds, now it's up for a week and still snappy, no usual hogs that bothered me so I had to restart the device to get rid of them, and they would come back after 2-3 days of uptime again....

✭✭  / 

you are lucky, i guess.....

if only nokia releases bug free software, its the best smartphone company on earth IMO.

• AvgJoe AvgJoe
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 6

I thought that P22 was not powerful enough and that it was the problem, but no, P22 is more than capable CPU for a lag-free experience, it was the bad software all along...

I'd prefer that they don't touch anything anymore, I live in fear that they'll break some sh*t again xD

Also, I deleted all Evenwell apps and even some Google ones that I don't need via some script, so maybe it's working better because of that too, I don't know...

✭✭  /  edited January 6

Yes exactly, software quality of nokia is a joke, that's what I said, hardware is top notch.

• AvgJoe AvgJoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

They have pure Android from Google, and they still manage to f*ck it up... Like how, you had one job 🤣

✭✭  / 

This is the main problem buddy, Google releases unpolished software, they releases fixes for pixel every now and then, and our phone never recieves these fixes, because it's not part of the program, so we have to rely on nokia to fix issues, which they clearly aren't capable of🤣🤣, what we need is a well tested custom nokia android.....who cares for monthly security updates, we just want a usable phone.

• AvgJoe AvgJoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

So you think that Google is responsible bad software, and that problem is that we're on Android One? So Android One is essentially a bad thing instead of a good one?

Did I get this right? XD

✭✭  /  edited January 6

yes exactly, some other phones too running on android one program were plagued by all these f*ucking bugs like the Xiaomi Mi A1 and some motorola phones running android one and not their custom android OS.

No wonder android one is a failure. Only nokia has its entire slate of smartphones running android one.

MORAL OF THE STORY - ALWAYS BUY A SMARTPHONE WITH A WELL TESTED CUSTOM ANDROID UI....XD

• AvgJoe AvgJoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

Wow, I didn't know that... I actually prefer stock Android UI, and I thought it will be much snappier than custom OEM ROMs because it's less bloated... I mean I don't want all that Samsung apps or like milion features... For me it's all about performance, and I thought I was getting that with Android One...

✭✭  /  edited January 6

Yes , but with every update comes tonnes of bugs, which Google fixes quickly in their pixel/nexus phones, but other companies running that pure buggy android from google...fail to fix them quickly, especially nokia 🤣🤣, android one is a failing program for this very same reason🤣

So if you want a clean android experience, go with none other than Google smartphones, and not with other smartphones, coz you know very well what they did to us since last 6 months🤣

✭✭  /  edited January 6

This is a test comment to remove draft....do not bother..... Another bug in nokia website apparently 🤣

• Makay Chapulets Makay Chapulets
    ✭✭✭  / 

Which of the evenware and Google apps did you delete?

✭✭  / 

@Makay Chapulets https://technastic.com/nokia-bloatware-list-safe-to-remove-apps/amp/

• AvgJoe AvgJoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

There's a script so you don't have to do it manually. Just google Nokia debloater, it's on GitHub.