System files consuming 59 GB

I have 64 GB phone Its system files keep on increasing with each passing day. Currently, it shows 59 GB, thus making my phone useless.

System files consuming 59 GB

Rakesh P Rakesh P
✭✭  /  edited January 6

I have 64 GB phone Its system files keep on increasing with each passing day. Currently, it shows 59 GB, thus making my phone useless. Even the system files of Windows don't take up so much space. Why on earth would Nokia come up with an Android phone with 64GB memory when system files take up the entire internal storage. Either these morons were not aware of the size And

roid 10 would take or they don't give a **** about it!

Android 10 doesn't give the option to move apps to external storage. I've tried Developer Option, but to no avail.

Is anyone facing the same issue?

Will Android 11 update have fix for this?

Comments

• Jamie_ Jamie_
    ✭✭  / 

Something has gone wrong with your phone unfortunately. Android 10 system files on the Nokia 5.3 should not take up more than 16GB, as they do on my phone.

My only suggestion is to factory reset the phone, and if that fails I think your only option is to request a refund if that is still available.

Android 11 will likely not fix this- if anything it will create a larger system file due to the new features added, so don't rely on this.

I have never seen a Nokia phone (or any other) with this issue, so don't let it put you off the phone if you like other aspects of it.

• Rakesh P Rakesh P
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for the suggestion, Jamie. I did Factory Reset, and now system files only use 16 gb of space. Not sure if the problem will recur, but for now it's fixed.

Apparently, this phone is buggy since different users have different sort of issues with it. Nokia should look into such issues and try to fix them, if they want to stay in the race.