Washed out colours on Nokia 5.3

After going through 2 Nokia 7.2 phones that both suffered the well known problems of needing a reboot every couple of days and switching off when being charged (not a lot of use when it's being charged overnight and the alarm doesn't wake you up in time for work), it's been changed for a 5.3.

Washed out colours on Nokia 5.3

Gilbertd Gilbertd
✭✭  / 

After going through 2 Nokia 7.2 phones that both suffered the well known problems of needing a reboot every couple of days and switching off when being charged (not a lot of use when it's being charged overnight and the alarm doesn't wake you up in time for work), it's been changed for a 5.3. I know the spec is slightly lower but for what it is needed to do should do the job nicely. Only niggle so far is the display, the colours look washed out and lacking in saturation. Red and Blue particularly. Is there a way of adjusting the colour in addition to the setting for colour temperature which doesn't adjust the saturation, just the temperature. Maybe an app is out there that will do it but rather than downloading and trying hundreds of different ones, perhaps someone can recommend one?

Comments

• Jamie_ Jamie_
    ✭✭  / 

The Nokia 5.3 does have an inferior display to the 7.2- it is HD rather than full HD, but that shouldn't affect the colours. In fact I have heard compliments of the colourfulness of the display in reviews, and it's seems perfectly good to me.

Cheaper Nokia phones such as this do not have display customisation more advanced than the white balance, probably due to them not having the PureDisplay capabilities.

You may well have a defective panel, it is rare but does happen.

I am not aware of any apps that will do this, and the ones that are out there will probably give quite a nasty, artificial look. Again, you may likely have a defective panel, or you just have very refined tastes for phone displays!

• Gilbertd Gilbertd
    ✭✭  / 

It's my partners phone and after restoring her content that had been backed up from the 7.2, even her background photo looks 'flat'. I don't think it is faulty, just the colours aren't bright. Think of it much like the panel on a TV where you can set Natural or Vivid colours (and usually a few others too) which increases the saturation. If it could be set for Vivid, she'd be happy.

• Nokia 5.3 has better colours than the PLS TFT display of Samsung A21s. Surely you have some display problems. Better to check with customer care team.

• Try restarting

• Feature_OS Feature_OS
    ✭✭  / 

That's a third class product from a third class company HMD. So don't expect much from them.

• Gilbertd Gilbertd
    ✭✭  / 

Been cured now. Gave up after trying a few apps to improve the colour saturation most of which had no affect or made it worse. So it's been changed for an 8.3......