Nokia 8.3 Security Updates

Does anyone have the December 2020 Security update? In Australia 8.3 phones are not updating. Apparently everyone should have recieved December update.

Nokia 8.3 Security Updates

Does anyone have the December 2020 Security update?

In Australia 8.3 phones are not updating. Apparently everyone should have recieved December update. Two Nokia 8.3 phones are stuck on 1 November 2020 update and one is on the 1st September update.

Nokia support were unable to comment or help.

Comments

• Robbioco Robbioco
    ✭✭  / 

Hi!

I live in Europe (Belgium), the last security update available for my Nokia 8.3 is 1 August 2020... I don't understand...

Anyone knows the reasons for the updates lag?

• inamjrx inamjrx
    ✭✭  / 

I'm having the same issue in the USA with the 8.3. I have had zero issues with my 7.1. It's pretty disappointing.

• inamjrx inamjrx
    ✭✭  / 

Update

I was trying to update through Settings > System > System Update. This did not work.

Then I tried Settings > Security > Google Play System Update. This worked. It was stuck on March 2020.

Then I went to Settings > Security > Security Update. This worked I was stuck on September 2020.

I hope this helps

• Thanks for the tip. unfortunately though the google play system update refused to update from March 2020 and the security patch on the shop demo unit stuck on august 2020.