Nokia 2.4 | In-depth Review

After using Nokia 2.4 from a long time as my primary device, this is my take on it. Firstly, I will pick the display.

Nokia 2.4 | In-depth Review

krishnasnapshots krishnasnapshots
✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 17

After using Nokia 2.4 from a long time as my primary device, this is my take on it.

Firstly, I will pick the display.

Nokia 2.4 has a waterdrop notch & a NOKIA branding on the bottom. It sports large 6.5" 20:9 HD+ display which expands the experience, especially while watching movies & playing games. The colours, viewing angles, saturation, sharpness are the best in this segment.

Performance:

Now, Nokia 2.4 comes with MediaTek Helio P22 Octacore Processor which is based on 12nm where we get to see Arm Cortex A53 CPU. It encompasses 8 cores - 4 running @ 1.50GHz & other 4 at 2.00GHz.

Here, the 3GB RAM is well managed with Helio P22 because I played high-end games like Asphalt, did multi-tasking & my overall experience was quite smooth & didn't felt any lag or network issues because getting proper 4G is also important while playing a game.

Storage: 64GB

Storage Speed Test:

Read 224 MB/s | Write 163 MB/s

Software:

Nokia 2.4 is a bloatware-free & an Android One device. Out of the box, it comes with Android 10 & OS will be upgraded to Android 11 & 12 parallelly it'll get 3 years of security patches to keep the device secure which becomes a highlighting feature because no other brand provides it in this segment.

Battery 🔋

Nokia 2.4 has 4500mAh Li-ion battery, 5W Charger & a Micro USB port. After a full charge, I got the battery backup of almost 2days. It's 2day battery life & immersive screen will let you watch online lectures/attain meetings/stream the movies in this pandemic period for a long time.

Camera 📷

In Nokia 2.4, there's dual camera setup powered by AI having a primary camera of 13MP (4208x3120) & a depth sensor of 2MP. Here are some photos that were taken with 2.4.

It takes amazing pictures in daylight, artificial light & in low light as well as managing the contrast, balancing the whites & maintaining the saturation which gives real-life feel. In front, it has a 5MP camera sensor.

The device captures the motion very well in 1080p resolution.

Now let's come to Design:

Nokia 2.4 is wrapped in a Finnish durable design with Nordic-inspired colours: Charcoal, Fjord, Dusk. On the back, we get to see a gradient too.

The Die-cast metal chassis with polycarbonate shell gives the phone rigidity combined with the comfortable feel you’d expect from a Nokia phone.

It has a 3D nano-textured cover which fits securely in your hand as well as prevents the device from any scratches. All these things, not only makes Nokia 2.4 look beautiful but also durable.

The device has a vertical camera module in the upper centre of the back which isn't bumped.

Now, Nokia 2.4 becomes the first in Nokia's 2-series to feature a fingerprint sensor. Ergonomically, placement of the sensor is good & it unlocks the device in just a single tap.

Also, Nokia 2.4 has Face Unlock which unlocks the device in first sight.

Sim slot:

The device has a Triple Slot which means we can use at a time - 2 sims & one memory card which can expand up to 512GB.

Speakers of the device sounds, not bad. It has a primary microphone at the bottom & secondary on the top. It does have a headphone jack & the output is quite decent. Interestingly, Nokia 2.4 comes with a dedicated Google Assistant button on the left along with, power & volume rockers button on the right which I feel a standard placement.

I used the Vi sim to check the networks. In my view, they're well optimised & gives a good 4G experience for streaming videos, attaining online lectures & so on.

Conclusion:

In my personal view, whether you play games, shoot or watch something, Nokia 2.4 is a trusted & an all-rounder smartphone especially for those who want a premium, affordable stock Android experience, a non-Chinese & bloatware-free smartphone with 2-day battery life.

NOKIA 2.4 is priced at just ₹10,399 / £99.99. So, what you're waiting for?