Hi all is there any way to mute the start up tone on nokia 3.4 thanks

Start up tone

bikerman bikerman
✭✭  / 

Hi all is there any way to mute the start up tone on nokia 3.4 thanks

Answers

• DontBuyNokia DontBuyNokia
    ✭✭  / 

No. Yet another ridiculous "feature" that recevied tons of complaint. This the the patient test to all the loyal Nokia customers.

• kev kev
    ✭✭✭  / 

I have therefore contacted the support. They do not offer a solution for this.

But please, write to the support. The more people complain, the greater the chance that something will change.

• polar_splat12 polar_splat12
    ✭✭  / 

Hi, to mute the startup sound please be sure you turned off notification sounds before you shutted down your device.

-Polar

• DMJ24 DMJ24
    ✭✭  / 

Why would you mute it? Its s beautiful tone. ☺️

• Tyfomir Tyfomir
    ✭✭  / 

What's wrong with this tone? How often do you restart your handset a day?

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

From the notification panel, switch on the toggle 'do not disturb'. Now when you restart, the start up tone will be muted.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Depends on where you are (for example an office, or night hours with somebody sleeping besides you) or personal choices. I don't think it is hard to agree that there should be an option to disable the startup sound instead of arguing as to why anybody would wanna turn it off.

This has been asked too many times, which means there are people who don't like it and would rather see a silent boot-up.

• Tyfomir Tyfomir
    ✭✭  / 

Why do you restart your phone so often?

• kev kev
    ✭✭✭  / 

I turn off my phone every night and restart it the next morning.

A boot without jingle would be nice. But Nokia will probably not change that. The only thing you can do is contact the support. The more requests they receive, the greater the chance that something will change.

• Tyfomir Tyfomir
    ✭✭  / 

Why do you turn it off?

• kev kev
    ✭✭✭  / 

Why not? If i don't need a device, it doesn't have to be active and use power. That is a matter of one's own attitude.

• Tyfomir Tyfomir
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah, why not. Though it seems rather unpractical.

• Mrrhg Mrrhg
    ✭✭  / 

It is indeed stupid that you can't turn off the startup jingle. There are enough instances where this is really disturbing.

• Tyfomir Tyfomir
    ✭✭  / 

Like?