Nokia 5.4 Still stuck on October Patch in UK

Any ideas on when the 5.4 in the UK will be updated?

Nokia 5.4 Still stuck on October Patch in UK

badger810 badger810
✭✭✭  / 

Any ideas on when the 5.4 in the UK will be updated? Mine is still on the October Patch and the Google Play Security update is stuck on Sept and gets into a never ending loop when trying to get the update available at 11mb, but it never changes from September,even when it say restart to finish update. Very frustrating and wish I stayed on the 5.3.

Comments

• Whopperjoe8 Whopperjoe8
    ✭✭  / 

I have same problem thought it were just me. Nokia 5.4 stuck on October patch. Google play September. Poor really for brand new phone. My old phone Nokia 4.2 just got January patch.whats going on Nokia support?

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 26

@mick clancey The December patch for the 5.4 was released on the 18th Jan, the only thing I can think of is it still hasn't be approved for UK yet, maybe brexit has struck again?

• UserFromEarth UserFromEarth
    ✭✭  / 

The same problem. Russia, build number 00WW_1_030_RU. I'm frustrated of low Nokia software quality and buggy products.

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  / 

@UserFromEarth Mine in the UK is also on 00WW_1_030. For a new device, it is almost 4 months out of date if they don't release an update before the end of January. I believe some regions received a December patch on the 18th Jan.

✭✭  / 

Is there any other regions who have actually received the December update?

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Whopperjoe8 https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates According to the Nokia Smartphone Security Maintenance Release Summary

✭✭  / 

@badger810

I've seen the update on Nokia maintenance.Was wondering if anybody else outside of UK has actually received this update? Not ideal but maybe able to force update with VPN trick.

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 27

@Whopperjoe8 Not sure which planet the update exists on. I have also tried the VPN trick but to no avail.

✭✭  / 

@badger810 there is no update obviously,or the phone would pick it up.Nokia support you have sold us a phone that is nearly 4 months securely out of date.The phone is therefore useless, it may aswell be 5 years old. Promised timely updates were are they? Come on Nokia sort this😡

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Whopperjoe8 Perhaps they are trying to sort out a new maintenance release to sort some of the bugs out, which maybe the delay for the release, who knows?

✭✭  / 

@badger810 yes you maybe right. Would be nice if they let you know. I think you will get the updates, as had Nokia android one phones before, with the updates coming quite timely.Maybe because it's there newest phone a few bugs may need filtering out. In the meantime just a waiting game.

• werner bremer werner bremer
    ✭✭  / 

As described above, SP01 was released January 18, 2021. It's still unavailable here in Germany too.

• 749264846 749264846
    ✭✭  / 

I got the SP01 build in Finland right away but Google Play system fails to update from the September 1st version. Also getting random soft reboots once or twice a day, really hoping for updates with fixes because the phone is great otherwise.

• KraftBild KraftBild
    ✭✭  /  edited January 29

Me and a friend still got no update in Germany, too. - I can return my phone until 8 February via Amazon; if there is no Update available by then I'll give it back! - I've had the same trouble with my Nokia 5.0: Factoty reset after factory reset to receive the updates. I won't go through this again!!!

✭✭  / 

It's a shame really as the phone itself is pretty decent for the price. I've had Nokia 6.1and 4.2 in the past both with timely updates. I think there's a problem with the update and Nokia isn't letting on. Spoke to Nokia support, supposed to be looking into it.Surley this will be sorted or alot of 5.4's will be going back!

• 749264846 749264846
    ✭✭  / 

Got an update today, hope you guys get it soon too. No more soft reboots so far!

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  / 

@749264846 I was thinking about taking it back for an exchange, but might wait to see if the update appears in the UK soon.

✭✭  / 

@749264846 are you based in Finland? So you've had December and jan patch. Is the Google play update fixed? Hmd global is based in Finland. Hopefully these updates are going to filter through now.

• 749264846 749264846
    ✭✭  / 

@badger810 maybe it's worth the wait, it would be strange if the updates got delayed for much longer on any region at this point. Nokia/HMD could and should be a bit more vocal and responsive with this kind of issues though.

@Whopperjoe8 yes, got both updates in Finland. Google Play is still stuck on September, tried it again after the system update and again it seems to install it but after the reboot I'm still seeing the old version. At least there's update activity so I'm hoping the best for this phone.

• KraftBild KraftBild
    ✭✭  / 

@749264846 Thank you for your messsage that the Google-Play-Update still doesn't work! - I am now returning this piece of 💩 of a phone and I'm going to order a Google Pxel. A friend of mine has already done so because the 5.4 does not work with (at least Skoda) cars: It's not posdible to make or receive calls via bluetooth. - The Nokia support always has only one suggestion for simply every problem with this phone: "Make a factory reset!" Alas, they haven't got the slightest idea! - Nokia is one of the best brands when it comes to loose customers! - Really: Never again a Nokia!!!

• KraftBild KraftBild
    ✭✭  /  edited January 30

Even the "support" chat doesen't work anymore... 🤬

Update: Support works, but suggests again, that I should make a reset... 😟

O, Pixel, I'm comming soon!!! 😁

• 749264846 749264846
    ✭✭  / 

@KraftBild looks like some Pixel users are also having identical issues with Google Play updates, so switching the device might not resolve that and it could be Google's problem to solve after all.

• KraftBild KraftBild
    ✭✭  /  edited January 30

@749264846 Really!? 😯

Well, then thanks for the info! 👍🏻😃

I read in the Amazon reviews, that the 2.4 and the 3.4 seem to have had similar problems with the first update(s).

So I'll wait the next 8 days till the end of my return period. 😉

But it's really sad, that one has to search for such informations for oneselve...

But... Maby I should search my cupboard for my old (original!) 8110 🤔

😅

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  / 

@749264846 But thinking about it, you got the MR/Jan Patch after you already had the Dec SP01 patch, we are still stuck on Oct and awaiting any patch update, which still hasn't arrived.

✭✭  / 

Tried the update using express VPN for Finland. Still no avail 🤔

• KraftBild KraftBild
    ✭✭  /  edited February 1

So!

After the other problems with the 5.4 (no phonecalls via bluetooth possible; phonecalls end suddenly and the phone says that the number doesn't exist) grew more severe, yesterday when I tried if there was an update it said:

"Updates are currently not available. Blease try again later."

This was written in German in red letters all over the upper half of the screen.

It was reproducible after a re-start.

This morning I returned the phone to Amazon ☺️

I wish you all good luck with your phones!

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  / 

@749264846 just out of curiosity, what version of is your 5.4, is it TA-1337?

@KraftBild I hope you have better luck with your new phone.

• 749264846 749264846
    ✭✭  / 

@badger810 yep, TA-1337. Solid performance after the update.

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  / 

@749264846 Ok thanks, I just wanted to see if it was only this model version having the issue, but clearly not.

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 2