Vodafone Vo-Wifi support

Anyone knows if Nokia is gonna add Vodafone Vo-Wifi support to Nokia 7 Plus or not?

Vodafone Vo-Wifi support

prasad134 prasad134
✭✭✭  /  edited February 6

Anyone knows if Nokia is gonna add Vodafone Vo-Wifi support to Nokia 7 Plus or not?

Currently its only supported by 25 Xiaomi and 4 Oneplus phones...so any idea when Nokia is gonna support it?

Do such updates come under maintenance releases or security patches? Any chance of us getting the update for it?

Comments

• Tope22 Tope22
    ✭✭  / 

Good day, please, I don't know why icon shape was removed from Nokia 5.3. I do hate the round shape and I'm not enjoying my 5.3 with the round shape. I would love to change the round icon but it's unfortunate I can't find it under developer options. Please, I need an update to bring back the icon shape. Thanks

• Tope22 Tope22
    ✭✭  / 

Sorry for my previous message, I'm really finding it hard to air my suggestions on the site. I thought I was posting to the main page. My bad

• 7 Plus already supports VoWifi on other operators' networks. Vodafone has to add it to their own list of supported devices.

• akshay kumar akshay kumar
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 27

Can anyone confirm that Vi(Vodafone Idea) network supporting VoWifi on any of the Nokia devices along with screenshots ?

• AbhishekMAnil AbhishekMAnil
    ✭✭  / 

Vodafone Vi still doesn't support VOLTE. Then how are you expecting for Vo-Wifi (Wifi Calling) support? Many Nokia users are facing No VOLTE Support from Vodafone Vi.

✭✭✭  / 

Vi VoLTE supports all Nokia Smartphones launched from 2017 and it's available all over India after the Vodafone-Idea merger.

✭✭  / 

Can anyone post screenshot showing Vi VOLTE from their Mobile Network Settings Page?

For me, VOLTE option is itself hidden for me, but works for Jio and airtel.

✭✭✭  /  edited March 3

@AbhishekMAnil Vi supports VoLTE network on all Nokia Smartphones. If you are not getting Vi VoLTE network on your Nokia smartphone that doesn't mean Vi doesn't support it on Nokia Smartphones. I even tested it on each and every Nokia smartphone launched from 2017 and it's working good. In 2020, June Vi has completed VoLTE network rollout all over India. Here as you can see Vi VoLTE working on my Nokia 8.1. Atleast do some research before clicking disagree 🙏🙏🙏.

✭✭  / 

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/62325/vodafone-vi-volte-issue#latest

Check these both forums, it's not working for these phones.

Nokia 5.1 and myself Nokia 7 plus is not having support for Vi VOLTE.

Yours VIL Network, where as mine is Vodafone IN - Vi India. I had already swapped to new Vi SIM, still I'm not receiving it.

Moreover, This is a Nokia 7 plus forum and you have posted about Nokia 8.1 phone. That's why clicked disagree, get your facts right.

Also, I'm not a Tech Reviewer to do research on all Nokia phones. This forum is only for single device users facing issues and troubleshooting them, hope you understand.

Below is the screenshot for Vi No VOLTE option for reference.

✭✭✭  /  edited March 4

@AbhishekMAnil Vi VoLTE will be auto activated for most of the people. You have to contact Vi Customer care as it needs to be activated from their server side for some people. My friend is using Old Vodafone - IN SIM and VoLTE working good on his Nokia 7 Plus. It doesn't matter whether you are using a old or new SIM.

BTW I am not a tech reviewer, I am too single device user, most of my friends are using Nokia smartphones so I got a chance to use them. Never come to the conclusion without knowing anything.

Read comment properly before clicking Disagree. You intentionally clicked disagree and you are covering your mistake. I didn't said it's working on Nokia 8.1. I said it's working on all Nokia smartphones launched from 2017.

In the next comment I said it's working on my Nokia 8.1 and Vi has VoLTE network all over India because you said many Nokia users are not getting VoLTE and Vi still doesn't support VoLTE.

• prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 

I never had any problems with Vi VOLTE...i am using Vodafone's old SIM...you should contact customer care if this issue is specific for new SIM users...

I have been facing an issue...Vodafone 4G has been switching to 2G while sending an SMS and it gets back to 4G after a few seconds of sending the SMA...has anyone been facing this issue? It creates problems while using UPI apps where we send an SMS to the bank for confirmation and then it gets confirmed to activate the UPI...while sending that SMS it gets shifted to 2G which fails the activation process...i have to switch to Wifi then for doing this? Any with the same issue here? Is it device specific or carrier specific issue?

✭✭  / 

@akshay kumar Brother I had expressed my disappointment on Vi Network and HMD Nokia. Nothing to do with you personally.

I had formatted my phone twice, and after Initial setup, VOLTE comes for 2 seconds and went away. Same thing happens when I change SIM slot, comes and goes away.

I had visited their Vi Store, issue is with Nokia 7 plus only. Vi Store phone it was working when they put old Vodafone SIM (took in March 2020 during Lockdown and I'm not getting VOLTE since day 1). So they suggested to swap SIM. Still same story, VOLTE comes and goes away.

Almost been a month calling customer care and sending mails, no avail. I don't have any other phone with me to check. VOLTE is already activated from their server end, and even activated National Roaming (as some people facing no VOLTE due to roaming). Still no avail.

Any idea why is it coming and going away? I have also heard if it's a recycled Idea number, VOLTE clashes as earlier Vodafone and Idea had different VOLTE profiles. Post Merger to Vi, Vodafone VOLTE profile is activated for all, but some users get stuck.

✭✭✭  /  edited March 4

@AbhishekMAnil The problem is with your Vi number. It seems they didn't activated VoLTE properly from their server end. Because you are saying VoLTE coming and going away within 2 seconds for your Vi number(and also 4G signal strength is full and even your are getting 4G+ as I saw screenshots in your earlier comment) and you are getting stable VoLTE network for your Jio number for the same handset. The only option currently left is to port your number to some other network and switch back to Vi network after completion of 90 days then everything come back to normal. Before doing porting once visit Nokia care(to clear any doubts on software bugs) and ask them to reinstall the OS if the problem still persists then go with porting process as I said. Hope this info helps.

✭✭  / 

@akshay kumar Bro this time I completely agree with you. You have said exactly what I thought.

Here in my area BSNL 4G is there (Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu), but it also having same NO VOLTE issue. Speeds are quite good, but it varies.

Vi provides much better offers than all other networks presently (Data Carry Forward & Free Data Binge).

I guess only option left is to Deactivate this number and get a new fresh connection.

✭✭  / 

@akshay kumar @Gaurang017

I visited Vi Store today, Vi VOLTE issue is with either my number as it was not properly provisioned for Nokia 7 plus. Checked my SIM on another Samsung phone at their Store, VOLTE is working without issues.

To make sure it's my device issue, checked another VI sim in my Nokia 7 plus, VOLTE toggle came in settings but again VOLTE was not active (Internet cuts off to 2G while in call).

So to all those not getting Vi VOLTE or Vo-WiFi if made available in your circle, either disconnect your connection and take a new SIM for same number from Vi store. Else take a fresh new number again and try. Store executive itself is confused and has no idea, Vi Network is completely messed up totally after Vodafone-Idea merger.