Android 11 release delay

@sarvikas Flood Waters seem to be really slow as not a single device has received Android 11 after Nokia 8.3 even after a week.

Android 11 release delay

@sarvikas Flood Waters seem to be really slow as not a single device has received Android 11 after Nokia 8.3 even after a week.

Really irresponsible statements from top official of @NokiaMobile No commitment so who can trust you @sarvikas, No one.

Nokia Users, Let's rise a voice.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

And when did they say that other devices will get an update within a week of 8.3 getting it?

• Then what is meaning of fast follow? I am not telling that they had told for week but fast should fast not after long period of time.

This time they are really lacking with intensity. You can see all are waiting for Android 11 release.

There is no any acknowledgement from Nokia about this delay.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited February 10

Fast follow means fast follow, no guarantees of a specific time frame for sure. Just that they aim to cover more devices in the near coming future.

I don't consider anything as delayed as long as it is within the projected schedule. We are still within Q1. Let it happen as it does.

• Total 9 devices are supposed to be upgraded to Android 11 by the end of Q-1 2021 but only single device has received Android 11 so far. First Month of Q-1 of 2021 has gotten to end that means that total 8 devices will be upgraded to Android 11 within next two months which seems to be difficult as within span of more than five months of Android 11 release; only single Nokia device has been upgraded to Android 11; then how it's possible to upgrade 8 devices within span of two months.🧐🧐🧐

We got December Security Patch in January and January Security Patch in February.

This is clear indication of poor and pathetic performance!!!

Above two points are right or not; what do you think?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

It is still possible to upgrade the remaining devices because nobody has told you that no work has been done on developing the update for the pending devices. Maybe it is almost ready and is in the round of final testing and approvals.

And in case it does not complete in the schedule, then you become eligible for the rant and start calling it "delay". Until then it is not a delay and you should not start complaining or judging the performance.

It doesn't take much to keep patience and wait towards the end of the proposed timeline. Software is still a complex task and the appearance of one critical bug can push the entire process of approvals backward because it goes to the start of the chain once again. Let's hope they manage to make it within their schedule. Peace ✌️

• @singhnsk is batting good as nokia spokesman.keep it up bro 😂😂

• HIMANSHU1998 HIMANSHU1998
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia should give clear date of android 11 release along with model.

• AndyUK AndyUK
    ✭✭  / 

This is a complete farce. I bought a Nokia only because of its AndroidOne/fast update claim.

If this doesn't get sorted fast, there's no reason to buy another Nokia.

• AndyUK AndyUK
    ✭✭  / 

After an online discussion with Nokia support, I got the usual 'depends on lots of factors' nonsense.

In summary, the Android 11 update hasn't even been released by Nokia to the carriers for the 5.4.

I'm struggling to see why there's any reason to buy a Nokia. There's no shortage of budget to mid-range Android devices out there. And alternatives have been doing it longer and better than Nokia...

• AndyUK AndyUK
    ✭✭  / 

If I want to moan about it, I'll please myself. Not when I get your approval. Patronising [email protected]

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I ain't anybody's spokesperson. I curse them enough. But that's for where they fail. I can't be complaining for something which is still in the initial schedule. If we start calling them out like this, they'll be down to pieces already.

It is fair if somebody says Nokia is taking too long to update the devices. But it is currently unfit to call it a "delay".

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

No offense mate, but I don't think they claimed "fast updates". Neither Nokia advertises like that nor does Google advertise the Android One program like that.

Yeah it would be nicer to have faster updates and if the barebones Android can't be updated faster than the heavily modified interfaces of others, then that isn't a satisfactory experience for a buyer of Nokia phones. If fast updates are a priority, then definitely Nokia phones are not in the list of recommended devices. Most likely Samsung's key phones or Google Pixels are what gets fastest core OS upgrades.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I'm sure I didn't stop you from doing your thing buddy. But just how you can express yourself, so can I.

• Being a Android One device it's already too LATE,A11 was released in Sept2020,

Almost 6months to release it,still it is not late very strange to every user may not b for few who have some beneficial attachments with a worst OEM like HMD.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Android One is not advertised by anybody to be getting fast updates. If anybody did that, you should be blaming them instead. I don't know on what basis you're associating Android One to be giving fast updates.

What Android One promises at best is an experience free of much bloat and assured updates for upto 3 years. I haven't seen anybody sending out promotions for the speed of update releases. It used to be an initial marketing point for Android One several years ago. And since then even Google has walked away from that statement. They removed such mentions from their website years ago.

And for the reality check, I pretty much hate Android One, and its barebones offering which lacks many basic features which we're seeing in competing OS modifications since years. The security patches hold 0 value for me when they come without any kind of feature and experience enhancements.

• MMF MMF
    ✭✭  / 

Many manufacturers now got Android 11 on their models.

Where is the promised flood about Nokia getting A11?

• MMF MMF
    ✭✭  / 
    • With Android 10 Nokia was 4th with 36 days delay.
    • First device(s) with stable Android 10: Nokia 8.1
    • Date of first stable rollout: October 9, 2019
    • Days passed since official OS launch: 36

1.Essential 0 days

2. Redmi 0 days

3.OnePlus 18 days

• Khatri Shabbirahemad Junas Khatri Shabbirahemad Junas
    ✭✭  /  edited February 13

I guess they are trying to control the damage to the company being happened. Q1 seems like March for them. I'm so glad that they don't have any custom skin otherwise it would have taken a year for them to come up with it.

• Donkey Donkey
    ✭✭  / 

Agree with you mate.

Now my Nokia 5.3 almost runs out of its storage by the system, only few MB left.

I ever waited Android 11 would be rolled out soon, then reset & update my phone at the the same time, but I must reset it now or I can't use it anymore in the next week.

I can only expect that the up coming Android 11 would fix this issue, even someone claimed it mightn't be hopeless, but its my last hope.

If Nokia can't release update soon or the bug still exists after reset, & the same system storage issue might happen again, 5.3 needs another reset every 2~3 months, I would regret why not paid more for a decent Google Pixel.

Since the Adoptable Storage is incapable on 5.3, I can't tweak more storage for the buggy storage management 5.3, Pixel could be the right solution.

Wish 5.3 wouldn't be my first & last Nokia Android phone.

• @sarvikas what do you mean by fast follow?; even after 14 days, not a single device has received #android 11

What a high level of uncommitted approach of @sarvikas ! No response.

#Nokia User, Let's rise the voice by advising people for not to buy @NokiaMobile device.

@HMDGlobal do something or else you will be lost soon.

Generally, people buy @NokiaMobile for quick android upgrade but this time is really slow deployment of #android11

Only false commitments by @sarvikas and @HMDGlobal

@sarvikas what do you mean by fast follow? Not a single device has received android 11 after 8.3

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭  / 

People prefer Nokia phones not because of only fast updates, but because of the clean ad free stock Android experience, brand value and trust.

• This is to everyone moaning at @singhnsk he is a superuser he doesn't work for Nokia, Nokia have been tirelessly working on Android 11 behind the scenes to make sure it doesn't brick the phones and have loads of bugs Because I don't know if your aware but the Nokia 3.1 plus got bricked last year and had loads of bugs so be patient it should be out by the end of this month so just BE PATIENT

• Total 9 are supposed to be upgraded to Android 11 by the end of Q-1 2021 but only single device has received Android 11 so far. First Month of Q-1 of 2021 has gotten to end that means that total 8 devices will be upgraded to Android 11 within next two months which seems to be difficult as within span of more than five months of Android 11 release; only single Nokia device has been upgraded to Android 11; then how it's possible to upgrade 8 devices within span of two months.🧐🧐🧐

We got December Security Patch in January and January Security Patch in February.

This is clear indication of poor and pathetic performance!!!

Above two points are right or not; what do you think?

• Hi guys. I am a new poster here. I would like to ask you about the release date for A11 in Ireland please.

Thanks.

• Donkey Donkey
    ✭✭  / 

R&D: Sir, we have trouble on the Android 11 development for Nokia 5.3, we need more time & $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

CEO: WTH, I have no willing to pay more for any low profit phone, especially we have new 5.4 & following 5.5 / 5.6 / ....... /5.n

R&D: How can we do?

CEO: As usual, dispatch that undercover user trolling on the forum, that's why we pay for the ninja. We don't care losing those low end buyers.