Another charging question

Hi all, I was having significant charging issues - wouldn't charge above ~30% no matter how long the phone was on the charger.

Another charging question

dschnurjr dschnurjr
✭✭  /  edited February 13

Hi all,

I was having significant charging issues - wouldn't charge above ~30% no matter how long the phone was on the charger. I'd been having this issue for a few weeks, and I did a factory reset before I was going to send it in.

It charged to 100% in maybe an hour or two, and my battery lasted nearly 3 days of use. I let it run down completely and shut off before charging it again, and it charged to 100%. The battery lasted another 1.5 - 2 days, thought this had fixed the problem.

It's now back to charging up to 30% or so, and not completely charging. This seems like a software issue more so than a hardware issue.

Anyone else experience this?

Nokia 7.1 with Android 10 update and january security patch

Tagged:

Comments

• dschnurjr dschnurjr
    ✭✭  / 

More detail after continuing to work with it:

cleared battery protection app (settings / apps / show system)

Clearing cache alone did not help the problem

Clearing storage allows the phone to fully charge (have tested this twice now)

on subsequent charges, the phone will not charge above 50%, then 30%. not really sure if that value is dropping.

Anyone seen anything like this? seems like it might be a battery issue that i'm not seeing in usage, or the application isn't working as intended