Nokia 7.2 - Warranty ????

Hi Nokia users, I have some important information, today I noticed a yellowish half ring type mark on the screen of my Nokia 7.2.

Nokia 7.2 - Warranty ????

Forth Forth
✭✭  / 

Hi Nokia users,

I have some important information, today I noticed a yellowish half ring type mark on the screen of my Nokia 7.2. it's size is approximately half that of a 5 cent piece at the top left of the screen. But here is the bigger issue, the phone is still under warranty, but get this! Nokia say that it's a hardware issue and is not covered by the warranty??? Yes! Nokia do not cover the hardware components of their phones. Really! What's the point of the warranty, without the hardware there is no phone.

Just letting all Nokia users know, beware !!!

Thanks Nokia

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

This is strange and clearly an excuse to deny warranty coverage. The warranty covers manufacturing defects and it should cover all hardware, including the display if it develops an issue within the duration of the warranty.

I'm sure it is not a company policy, but the service partner trying to avoid a free repair for the customer. I'll suggest that you press strongly and demand your consumer rights. It is hmd's responsibility to have it fixed as long as there are no signs of a severe physical damage to the device (broken parts, deep dents etc.)

All this said, Nokia 7.2 does have some kind of retention issues. So, make sure that you have checked after keeping the display off for some 30 minutes. If the issue is still there, then yeah please demand for a repair. It has to be under warranty.