NFC read error after updating Andriod 11

NFC cannot work after update Show NFC read error issue NFC will auto off after above message showed Any one have this problem?

NFC read error after updating Andriod 11

Dylan Huang Dylan Huang
✭✭  / 

NFC cannot work after update

Show NFC read error issue

NFC will auto off after above message showed

Any one have this problem?

Comments

• RistoL RistoL
    ✭✭  / 

Yes I have. Could it be an access/privacy/security setting issue?

• Ruudscorner Ruudscorner
    ✭✭  / 

I also have. But I just got the phone and upgraded to Android 11 right away. Can you confirm it did work before the Android 11 upgrade?

I was in contact with support and they had me clear a bunch of cache for various apps. Also tried it in safe mode.

I'm really hoping it's Android 11 or the hardware is bad.

• Yuna Zorah Yuna Zorah
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem! Android 10 nfc works fine. After updating android 11 nfc read error.

• Yuna Zorah Yuna Zorah
    ✭✭  / 

But! For me - paying via gpay with nfc still works! Not working my transport in Moscow metro. So i write to them too. No answers

• Yuna Zorah Yuna Zorah
    ✭✭  / 

Still have this problem

• Yuna Zorah Yuna Zorah
    ✭✭  / 

Hope they will fix it in sequrity patch

• Yuna Zorah Yuna Zorah
    ✭✭  / 

Got security patch now. Still no fix. Paying via nfc working fine. Reading transport card - nope. Did anyone read this messgages?

• Yuna Zorah Yuna Zorah
    ✭✭  / 

Still no fix. I really tired of this. So expensive phone and no helping with issues at all. Why?

• Yuna Zorah Yuna Zorah
    ✭✭  / 

Just installed sequrity patch of April. No fix.

• Wilson27854 Wilson27854
    ✭✭  / 

The Read error message may appear if NFC is enabled and your Xperia device is in contact with another device or object that responds to NFC, such as a credit card, NFC tag or metro card. To prevent this message from appearing, turn off the NFC function when you don't need to use it.

epayitonline

• Yuna Zorah Yuna Zorah
    ✭✭  / 

Hey. Everyone here say that this message shows when we NEED to use nfs to reat transport card. I need to use nfc but it wont work and show message nfc read error.

• Shlomi Angi Shlomi Angi
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem. NFC stopped working after upgrading to Android 11.

Moreover, the NFC option disappeared from the menu!

Very annoying.