Why lot's of Indian are complaining about charging port?

I am using Nokia 5 and Nokia 8.1 since they are launched. But till now I don't have faced any software or hardware issue.

Why lot's of Indian are complaining about charging port?

nilesh520 nilesh520
✭✭  /  edited February 23

I am using Nokia 5 and Nokia 8.1 since they are launched. But till now I don't have faced any software or hardware issue.

Why lot's of people are complaining about charging port and software, I didn't understand? 🤔🤷

Comments

• Vipin Sharma Vipin Sharma
    ✭✭  / 

Even I'm facing the same issue. Charging ports having intermittent issues.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

The Nokia 8.1 had a design flaw which caused the USB port to malfunction. Let's assume that users were not facing any issues, but hmd actually extended warranty on these models by 3 months if a fault happened to the charging port. There's a reason why a company would do that - they know users are facing issues in these phones.

I've had my Nokia 8.1's charging sub-board replaced twice as well.

• vels vels
    ✭✭  / 

It's a manufacturing defect. I have changed the port in all my Nokia phones (two N6.1plus and a N5.1plus). Again one of my N6.1plus starting to not charge properly. I have to adjust the USB cable to charge the phone now.

• Tyfomir Tyfomir
    ✭✭  / 

It's an Indian charging port mystery yet to be explained 😎

• ManuMj ManuMj
    ✭✭  / 

Even I facing the same issue on my nokia 8.1

• jais jais
    ✭✭  / 

Not only in India, almost all Nokia phones have the issue with charging port.very low quality hardware is using.atleast HMD should provide wireless charging facility

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

So far I've bought and used 5 Nokia phones from UAE without any issues with charging port, display, battery, etc.

Nokia 5.3 was purchased from India.

Everything was good initially but after 3 months camera autofocus issues started and display retention issues. Charging port is fine though. So I've come to the conclusion that there's quality control issues of phones in India which is sad.

✭✭✭✭  / 

I know this can happen with any phones from other manufacturers but never expected this from a brand which was well known for build quality.

• Navjot Singh Chhabra Navjot Singh Chhabra
    ✭✭  /  edited June 14

I am using Nokia 7.1 and I am also facing the same issue of charging jack. The issue with usb type c. The hardware is not of good quality and it works for approximately 1.5 month. After that one has to replace the jack. Nokia should work on this to maintain its quality standards.

• nilesh520 nilesh520
    ✭✭  / 

They rectified this issue in newly launched devices.

✭✭✭✭  / 

Accessories have 6 months warranty. If your cable is broken, try to claim within the warranty period.

✭✭✭✭  / 

I did have the same problem with USB Type C cable I got with Nokia 5.3. I could use only for 9 months and now, using a third party one.

• A user can configure the Access schedule individually for each frequency band within the Wi-fi network using the web interface of the Amped router. Using the Access schedule feature, a user can control the number of users accessing the network and keep the unauthorized away from accessing the important documents within the network. The schedule that you will maintain through the Access schedule using the setup.ampedwireless.com window will affect all the other users connected to your router’s network.

https://amped-wireless-setup.net/

• If a user is facing a network connection issue in his Dlink router, there can be various problems that are causing the issue. In case, a user is facing a sudden loss of Internet connection or a slow data transfer issue, he is recommended to change the MTU (Maximum Transfer Unit) value of the router. Changing the MTU of a router could resolve the data connection and bring a positive result in the performance of your Dlink router. A user can change the MTU of his Dlink router through the dlinkrouter.local interface.

https://dlinkfirmwareupdate.net/