Will I buy a Nokia phone ever after this incident?

I bought Nokia 6.1 plus on dt. 14.10.2019. Now since one month it is showing loose charging port issues.

Will I buy a Nokia phone ever after this incident?

PATTANAIK PATTANAIK
✭✭  / 

I bought Nokia 6.1 plus on dt. 14.10.2019. Now since one month it is showing loose charging port issues.

Is my smartphone is eligible for 6-months extended warranty for charging port? Or i have to pay at authorised service centre to fix the issue?

Yesterday i visited service centre which is nearly 30 km away from my home and they told me that there is no such warrenty now available with this model and charged me Rs1350 for the charging port repair.

Before going service centre, i called at Nokia helpline number and they told the warranty is not void and the repair will be done free of cost after physical and water damage inspection. But the decision made by service centre will be final (no matter how they charge or for what component, have to pay to get repaired) and the customer care service has nothing to do with them.

Today, after getting phone repaired and paying Rs.1350, I called again to clarify if there was any warrenty or not , and the care service told the same thing, i have 6 months extended warranty for charging port repair but the decision made by service centre is final.

I am fed up with this two different answers from the same company Nokia. Then i mailed for the same to the nokia official e-mail given in the website to register a complaint against the service centre and getting my money back but they haven't replied even after nearly 24hrs.

I have the bill of service centre with me, i have the screenshot of chats with helpline executive...any proof the company wanted.

The Nokia authorised service centre is in - Ashok Nagar, Janpath, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.

Phone number.06742532842

Tagged:

Answers

• I'm planning to change PCB of my device but not through Nokia Service Center. You can source PCB Board online through Amazon (if available) or any other sites & have it replaced by a mobile shop in front of you. It could cost less comparing what Nokia Service Center charges you.