Request from people who have done a ROOT burn to their phone - Do not complain about malfunctions !!

Request from people who have done a ROOT burn to their phone - Do not complain about malfunctions !! At least not without first mentioning that you did it.

Request from people who have done a ROOT burn to their phone - Do not complain about malfunctions !!

Lior Levi Lior Levi
✭✭✭  / 

At least not without first mentioning that you did it.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi @Lior Levi do you mean those who have unlocked the bootloader and have root access?

What happened? 🤤

• emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  / 

Whoever does this, they are aware of the risks. Nobody's stupid enough to complain after making a mess by themselves.

• Lior Levi Lior Levi
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 3

I don't know why I can't answer in this discussion.

trying to copy paste from Google translate not working.

• Lior Levi Lior Levi
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hi Singhnsk my good and smart friend ☺ I do not know what that means: unlock the bootloader and have root access. Nothing happened to my phone except the GPS which from day one does not always work.

I just read a lot in discussions on this website people who wrote that they downloaded an img file of some kind hacked android version and burned it on their phone hardware. Is it called ROOT? Anyway, that's what I once heard.

And it annoys me because we users with a clean android version from the manufacturer have to read about the bugs and problems that they have in the hacked android version they have burned on their phone. So I want them to stop complain about malfunctions at least not without first mentioning that they did this img file burning.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi @Lior Levi

hehe I think some part of your message got lost in translation. But I got the idea of what you're trying to say. So, before you can root an Android device, you must unlock the bootloader. And HMD Global does not allow bootloader unlock on any of its models. Hence, rooting these devices is quite hard (without paid methods) which means that a majority of Nokia users on the community forums do not have any kind of root access.

Maybe users of smartphones of other brands complain about those things. I do not think Nokia users do hehe. No unlock means no modifications and no root 😋

• Lior Levi Lior Levi
    ✭✭✭  / 

Good to know that HMD is not allowing this.

I think that may next phone I will buy will be one of those 2 options:

Samsung Galaxy A51 4G version

Nokia 5.3

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

The Nokia 5.4 was is already out since a few months now. Why do you still consider a Nokia 5.3? And a 5.3 may be equivalent or a downgrade from the Nokia 7.2 you currently have. Mayne you need to refine your options further 😅

• Lior Levi Lior Levi
    ✭✭✭  / 

I did not know that Nokia 5.4 came out I will check the data and its technical specifications - and I may wait until it is available for sale in Israel. Despite this, the price of Nokia 5.3 in Israel is almost half that of Nokia 7.2. The quality of the camera and the power of the processor are not really important to me. What is important to me in choosing a phone: 1. Priority to a European / American manufacturer 2. Clean operating system 3. Software upgrades and security updates over time 4. Integrity of hardware components 5. Storage capacity at least 64GB 6. Reliable battery that will last for years 7. Accessories and spare parts are available in the country