Nokia 5.4 Google play protect download available but won't download

Hi, Does anyone know why Google play protect says update available but when I try to download it says update temporarily unavailable or to restart phone.

Nokia 5.4 Google play protect download available but won't download

Hjoanne Hjoanne
✭✭  / 

Hi,

Does anyone know why Google play protect says update available but when I try to download it says update temporarily unavailable or to restart phone. Still stays on September 2020. Tried removing sim, clearing cache data on play store connecting to Wifi no difference.

Best Answer

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭✭  /  Accepted Answer

@Hjoanne If you mean the Google Play system update? there is a bug which goes into a loop, it either says temporarily unavailable or reboots after installation and reverts back to original update. Mine is now stuck on December 2020. After the last update it moved from October to December.

Hopefully it will be fixed at Google's end one day.

Answers

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

If your device has more than one google account signed in , then Go to Play Store>Switch the Account by Swiping down the Profile Picture.

Once Account changed , Head up to Settings>Security>Google Play System Update>Check for Updates

Did the same steps for my Nokia 3.2 and it went successfully . Hope it goes well for you too

• Hjoanne Hjoanne
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for answering but I don't have more than one Google account.

• David Jones David Jones
    ✭✭  / 

Hi, I did try by creating a new Google account to test the theory on a different account and followed by going to settings and then security and installing the update. But, same issue please restart and then restart occurs. Oh look still same update. Wash repeat. It's like it's not got the right permission to apply the update on restart or maybe if it is meant to compare to partitions to apply the update they are not matching on hash and it just reverts back to the prior or current version is all I can think of.

• David Jones David Jones
    ✭✭  / 

Hi , having done a bit of google searching it seems even samsung have similar issues. See here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/google-play-system-update-stuck-on-february-2020/td-p/2447112

The problem seems to be something related to project mainline that is Google play system not being able to update the individual modules that make it you can do the main module update , but this will not actually update the individual components and we don't know which ones needed updating or not. It's like it can't either read the manifest script of the current modules and hence rolls back or can't save the manifest change so rolls back. All screams permissions issue to me.

• sabyasachidas sabyasachidas
    ✭✭  / 

I have tried to update. But after restarting twice it's again goes back to Dec, 2020 update. Also, don't know why security update still showing red.