Phone not auto syncing after March security update

My 8.3 5g updated to Android 11 a few weeks ago after which Gmail stopped syncing and the solution was to clear the apps storage and cache.

Phone not auto syncing after March security update

johnjjnsf johnjjnsf
✭✭  / 

My 8.3 5g updated to Android 11 a few weeks ago after which Gmail stopped syncing and the solution was to clear the apps storage and cache.

A few minutes ago my phone received the March Security update and now nothing is syncing automatically.

Comments

• johnjjnsf johnjjnsf
    ✭✭  / 

My 8.3 5G updated to Android 11 a few weeks ago.

After the update Google sync no longer was working automatically and the only way I could fix it was to clear the Gmail app storage and cache and to re-add my Gmail account to the Gmail app.

This afternoon my phone updated to the March security update following which Google sync is no longer working once again and the previous fix from February is no longer working.

In an attempt to fix the problem I removed my Google account from the phone and then re-added it.

That did not solve the problem.

If I go into the individual apps (Calendar, Gmail, Contacts, Docs and Contacts) I can force them to sync.

• Pinxit Pinxit
    ✭✭  / 

I am having the same problem, I have two factor ID on a Gmail account and trying to log in google keeps telling me "my device can't be reached at the moment." Well the moment has lasted for about two weeks! Luckily for me there is no helpdesk at Google.