When WhatsApp and Facebook are missing from the Store

I’m quite passionate about my Nokia 8110 4G and although it was kept in cold storage for some time, for nostalgia sake, I decided to give it a Factory Reset the hard way by pressing the power button long until the vibrator came on.

When WhatsApp and Facebook are missing from the Store

abbas abbas
✭✭✭  / 

I’m quite passionate about my Nokia 8110 4G and although it was kept in cold storage for some time, for nostalgia sake, I decided to give it a Factory Reset the hard way by pressing the power button long until the vibrator came on. The reset was a success, OS was Ver 2.5.1 and after configuring wi-fi, I even managed to download and install an app and without simcard slotted in the nano card compartment although the microSD card then was slotted in the other slot. Then I realised Facebook was not pre-installed as originally was and neither were FB and WhatsApp in the Store. Funny! It was then that I decided to insert the simcard but a power restart did not activate the simcard. On second round, I took out the microSD card, reinserted the simcard and a power restart activated the simcard on the screen. I looked up the Store and there were Facebook and WhatsApp under Social category where they were successfully installed. Lastly, I reinserted the microSD card and things function well as before it was put into cold storage. These sort of info should have been put in the Owner’s Manual!