Nokia 4.2 Car Bluetooth connection fails

Had to "upgrade" from a 3.2 due to the crazy inability to fully utilize SD memory, basically an almost useless feature when the majority of Apps and Goggle installed "features" will only use the internal memory.

Nokia 4.2 Car Bluetooth connection fails

Spud12 Spud12
✭✭  / 

Had to "upgrade" from a 3.2 due to the crazy inability to fully utilize SD memory, basically an almost useless feature when the majority of Apps and Goggle installed "features" will only use the internal memory. Couldn't use outlook as mailbox would only load to internal memory, not SD. (and yes I know this is a Microsoft issue but the basic availability of SD card memory is an Android issue) . SD only good for photos.

3.2 flawlessly connected to the car but as described in threads related to the 7.2 the 4.2 refuses to connect the phone but ill connect to media. Have gone through suggestions in the 7.2 thread and compared (and ensured) Bluetooth settings are the same as on my 3.2.

So I'm now able to receive all my e-mail (sufficient memory available) but phone won't connect to my car. So have fixed one issue only to loose another. Frustrated. Any chance we will see similar updates to those for the 7.2 (which fixed the issue) for the 4.2 do you think?. If not it will definitely be a Phone from another manufacturer next time around. Shame.

Comments

• Spud12 Spud12
    ✭✭  / 

Well Android 11 finally arrived and phone gets beyond "connection failed" ................only to now continually connect and then dis-connect the phone. So slight progress but still totally useless. Thanks Nokia will not be considering you next time around. Shocking lack of support or customer service for what is clearly a software issue.