Regarding android 11 update on Nokia 8.1

Since one year I'm using Nokia device once after visiting Nokia service center due to charging port issue have not even received security patch since more than…

Regarding android 11 update on Nokia 8.1

Bharathvachar#007 Bharathvachar#007
✭✭  /  edited April 8

Since one year I'm using Nokia device once after visiting Nokia service center due to charging port issue have not even received security patch since more than 8 months and now android 11 is rolled out to Nokia 8.1 I have not received 11 update please help regarding this issue thanks in advance....

Best Answer

Answers

• Pranav Unkule Pranav Unkule
    ✭✭  / 

This happened to me too.

The build number for android 10 on Indian variant is something like ww_4.00

and for other it is ww_5.00.

If your build number is other one you should have gone back to the service centre and ask them to install the indian variant.

• bhooshan bhooshan
    ✭✭  / 

After getting android 11 update my nokia 8.1 model taking more than 3 hr to be fully charged please resolve this as soon as possible ..before it took 1 and half hr to complete charge...

• Bharathvachar#007 Bharathvachar#007
    ✭✭  /  edited April 12

@Vineeth1987 yes it's android 10... Should I share build number?

• Vineeth1987 Vineeth1987
    ✭✭  / 

Yes Pls..

For all the models with build number WW_4_31A, the OTA A11 has been launched and also we are getting monthly security patches. I doubt in the Nokia service center they have updated your phone to build no. starting from WW_5, so you aren't getting any of these..

• @Vineeth1987 Hi I'm sharing my build number 00WW_5_15B

This is what it's showing the build number....

• mw50 mw50
    ✭✭  / 

You are therefore on the Russian firmware version AND WILL NOT RECEIVE Android 11 as it is, you NEED TO GO TO A SERVICE CENTRE and get it reflashed to 00WW4_15 in order to get Android 11

• Thank you 😊

• Vignesh Prabu Vignesh Prabu
    ✭✭  /  edited April 23

Hi all,

Recently I have updated my nokia 8.1 to Android 11. After upgrade performance was good. But facing little warm on phone always. And sometimes getting over heat. I have checked device monitor over my phone app. It showing always minimum 36°C. Please let me know anyone facing this issue after upgrade.

• Vignesh Prabu Vignesh Prabu
    ✭✭  / 

@hmdglobal please look into this issue and try to resolve in upcoming updates.