Why should apps crash on Nokia 4.2 upgrade to Android 11?

I upgraded to Android 11 on my Nokia 4.2. I am unable to enjoy apps like Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram. I just don't know why this upgrade should crash this.

Why should apps crash on Nokia 4.2 upgrade to Android 11?

oyedaniels oyedaniels
✭✭  / 

I upgraded to Android 11 on my Nokia 4.2. I am unable to enjoy apps like Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram. I just don't know why this upgrade should crash this. Please your assistance is needed.

Answers

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @oyedaniels,

Unfortunately Android version upgrades often cause problems like this. I would suggest backing up the data you want to keep from these apps and trying the following in this order:

1. Clear cache of problem app
    2. If that doesn't work, clear storage (make you you backed up!)
    3. If that doesn't work then uninstall or disable, then reboot and reinstall
    4. If that doesn't work then if the app is a built-in one (you had to disable it in the last step, not uninstall) then reboot into safe mode (long press on the power off button on screen) and see if the app still crashes
    5. If none of this works then I suggest that you make sure everything on your phone is as backed-up as possible with these tips: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/58205/my-recommended-backup-and-restore-method
    6. Then reset through settings and set up your phone again from scratch.

Please tell us which solution works.

Cheers 🙂

• What's happening? My Nokia 4.2 was upgraded to Android 11 now it won't charge after it went off since i upgraded