Nokia 4.2 android 11 update

I got android 11 update notification . Nokia 4.2 android 11 any bugs ?

Nokia 4.2 android 11 update

faizal nka faizal nka
✭✭  /  edited April 11

I got android 11 update notification . Nokia 4.2 android 11 any bugs ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Erik Persson Erik Persson
    ✭✭  / 

The Bluetooth App crashes repeatedly when trying to connect to my car's telephone system. The car telephone connectivity feature worked excellently in Android 9, never worked in Android 10 and now crashes Bluetooth completely... Apparently, things get worse for each new Android version...

• faizal nka faizal nka
    ✭✭  / 

Still have microphone and calling issues?

• Di Giannandrea Di Giannandrea
    ✭✭  /  edited April 12

Bluetooth worked good in Android 9 and Android 10.

With Android 11 and only when trying to connect to car 's telephone system, bluetooth sub-system crashes repeatedly. 

After a reboot works first time then begins to crash repeatedly.

No issues with headphones or bluetooth speackers... 

Factory restore neded?

• Di Giannandrea Di Giannandrea
    ✭✭  /  edited April 13

After some tests I noticed that the bluetooth connection with the car becomes stable after a call attempt. As soon as it is connected it continues to crash, I try to make a call and if the speakerphone of the machine hooks it from that moment the connection no longer drops and everything works as before the update.

• Erik Persson Erik Persson
    ✭✭  / 

After the update all ads are in Finnish (I live in Sweden). Strange...

• After update won't save photos and can't receive them or video on WhatsApp 😡

• xaviercm xaviercm
    ✭✭  /  edited April 14

Hi,

Since the android 11 update (on my Nokia 4.2) the Bluetooth connection with my car systematically fails (for the "music player" profile / the "phone" profile is OK), same with one of my Bluetooth speakers ...

I just did a factory reset but the problem is unchanged.

With Android 10 (and the same Nokia 4.2) everything was working properly.

Small precision: the Pixel 4a of my wife (with Android 11) works without problem in the same car (so it's seem not to be a problem with android 11 but the problem seem to come with the implementation provided by Nokia)

Am I the only one with this type of problem ?

/Xavier

• faizal nka faizal nka
    ✭✭  / 

Android 10 also had full bugs.why nokia don't consider the costomer.this Android 11 also too much bugs.we don't want new updates we need only bug free phone.🙆

• Nobluetooth Nobluetooth
    ✭✭  / 

Hi xaviercm,

I have the exact same problem. Most times the Bluetooth music connection fail, but the phone connection seems to work.

I have tried clearing Bluetooth app cache and have removed bluetooth settings on both devices.

Nokia, do you guys have a fix for this?

• rmart rmart
    ✭✭  / 

Disaster! I lost almost all the photos. Camera, etc not saving data. It seems to be a problem with the handling of SD card (mode extension of intern memory) in Nokia 4.2 with Android 11.

Then I'm waiting for the next security patch to solve this major issue and recover my data. I hope!

• WAusJackBauer WAusJackBauer
    ✭✭  / 

I'm pretty sure I warned all of you not to update to Android 11 as it would probably cause more issues and looks like I was right.

I have learned that manufacturers feel pressured to update their phones to newer Android versions but don't make it stable/polished. If you were on the last update of Android 10, there was nothing wrong with it.

• NMG NMG
    ✭✭  /  edited May 9

Phone won't connect to wifi automatically in Android 11. Wifi networks are listed as "saved" and I can connect manually just fine.

Horrible phone.

• artur dabrowski artur dabrowski
    ✭✭  / 

I have the problem with Bluetooth after upgrade Android 11 . The Bluetooth App crashes repeatedly when trying to connect to my car's telephone system.

Nokia, do you guys have a fix for this?

• BillG BillG
    ✭✭  / 

As a software developer I understand the complexities of systems vs. apps but in this case (Nokia 4.2 to Android 11) this release was seriously under-tested. Did you (Nokia) even try a test group before it's release? You have sold a device praising it's capabilities and then down-graded it with this poor attempt at a system upgrade...really it's better to take the time testing than to release a system that let's even some of your customer's down, and then without even an explanation...get it together will you...

• a j 03 a j 03
     / 

2 months on and still no end in sight for this issue. I am curious to know if anything is being done about it? No functioning bluetooth on my phone is a first world problem but it is starting to annoy me daily. Samsung here I come???

• Tyfomir Tyfomir
    ✭✭  / 

With A11 on Nokia 4.2 we experience problems of many different kinds. It looks like we are not to experience any improvements anytime soon. Seems that the situation is bigger than Nokia.