Nokia 9 relegated to Wife

As much as I loved the quality of the screen, and the phone itself recently I had issues which caused major problems to the apps and closing down.

Nokia 9 relegated to Wife

Sadbiker Sadbiker
✭✭  / 

As much as I loved the quality of the screen, and the phone itself recently I had issues which caused major problems to the apps and closing down. This wasn't the recent issue caused by google unless it caused more damage than realised. It resulted in having to complete a factory reset. Within a week the same issue started again but with a added failure where it was saying there was not enough memory when trying to take photos- this was with over 80gb free. Another factory reset. At this time Amazon were clearing the OnePlus 8 and I had a £50 voucher so for £299 that was looking tempting. I looked at Oneplus forums and could see issues being highlight but also seeing their development team producing updates unlike here at HMD.

As no news was forthcoming on a Nokia 9 replacement and not really interested in the 8.3 nor what I see in that forum about issues I have made the plunge. The Nokia 9 has been working fine for over a week and has been given to my wife to replace her ageing but fully functional Nokia 8.

After seeing the recent news of the new Nokia phones I have to be honest I think they have now missed the boat with a higher end replacement.

Hopefully at some point Android 11 will be released, whether it will cause more issues that is to be seen.

My dislikes are the 9 was released with what should have been a great camera but the support to fine tune it has never happened from what I can see. Plus the camera development company pulled from this market not making it easy for the limited resources of HMD to do much.

I will still keep a keen eye on my wife with the Nokia 9 and hope it allows her to use it how she requires.

My first thoughts of the OnePlus 8 are a breath of fresh air. Installed my backup onto it, installed android 11 which was the January rollout, it did not pull the latest rollout but was able to install from their website the file for this directly. What time will bring I will find out.