Why no update since February, 2021?

Why there are no updates since February, 2021 security patch?

Why no update since February, 2021?

Why there are no updates since February, 2021 security patch?

Tagged:

Comments

• Vasilis Kos. Vasilis Kos.
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 15

Hopefully the next update will be Android 11. Otherwise...🤬

• wmh wmh
    ✭✭  / 

My Nokia 6.2 Android One phone is still on the february update while my Motorola One Vission Android One phone already has the April Update.

• cthulhuspawn6913 cthulhuspawn6913
    ✭✭  / 

Hopefully, I will get my Nokia 4.2's security update soon. Thanx TJ

• Hasan Raza Hasan Raza
    ✭✭  / 

I hope that they are working on android 11 for Nokia 6.2

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Its the same with my Nokia 5.3, still running on Feb Security patch.

• I guess Hmd is planning for next update of Android 11 on Nokia 6.2 otherwise the updates were very regular upto February, 2021 Security patch.

• Zimmermann Zimmermann
    ✭✭  / 

Just received March security update...

• Hasan Raza Hasan Raza
    ✭✭  / 

It April 19 and we received 2021-03 update.

• wmh wmh
    ✭✭  /  edited April 19

Now HMD had 14 days to release the april update because else they will be trown out of the Android One Programme.

• Zimmermann Zimmermann
    ✭✭  / 

Whatever. Android One is just a way of branding. After Android 10 update it turned out that most of the heavily advertised new features are not there, and some other basic ones are also missing. Android 11 will most likely make our devices slower and unstable. And security patches, clearly aren't so necessary if the whole system and all apps (including G pay and banking apps) are still running fine on two months old patch. Honestly, I'm hoping for a new os for mobile devices in some years (no, not the one Huawei is cooking) that will start from new fresh ideas and will hold together for a longer time. Android, IOS, or even apple and microsoft desktop systems are old, boring and frustrating.