Bluetooth problem after Android 11 upgrade

Hi, Since the android 11 update (on my Nokia 4.2) the Bluetooth connection with my car systematically fails (for the "music player" profile / the "phone" profile is OK), same with one of my Bluetooth speakers ...

Bluetooth problem after Android 11 upgrade

xaviercm xaviercm
✭✭  / 

Hi,

Since the android 11 update (on my Nokia 4.2) the Bluetooth connection with my car systematically fails (for the "music player" profile / the "phone" profile is OK), same with one of my Bluetooth speakers ...

I just did a factory reset but the problem is unchanged.

With Android 10 (and the same Nokia 4.2) everything was working properly.

Small precision: the Pixel 4a of my wife (with Android 11) works without problem in the same car (so it's seem not to be a problem with android 11 but the problem seem to come with the implementation provided by Nokia)

Am I the only one with this type of problem ?

/Xavier

Comments

• Di Giannandrea Di Giannandrea
    ✭✭  / 

Same here.

Bluetooth app chashes when connected with my car (Nissan), cyclically.

The cycle of connections - crashes - disconnections ends as soon as i try to make a phone call.

After this first phone call the system seems to stabilize.

• Erik Persson Erik Persson
    ✭✭  / 

I have the same problem: The Bluetooth App crashes repeatedly when trying to connect to my car's telephone system. The car telephone connectivity feature in my car (Jaguar X-Type) worked excellently in Android 9, never worked in Android 10 and now crashes Bluetooth completely...

• SamuBE SamuBE
    ✭✭  / 

Same here :(

• SamuBE SamuBE
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia fix this quickly or I'm a goner..

Live up to your old name plz!

• santoscleto santoscleto
    ✭✭  /  edited April 25

• Erik Persson Erik Persson
    ✭✭  / 

Unfortunately, the Bluetooth app was not fixed in the April update.

• SamuBE SamuBE
    ✭✭  / 

Switching to Samsung

✭✭  / 

Another try today of the 4.2 BT with my car, that used to work perfectly on android 10, I started a call and the car says that is making the call but then nothing happens; after 30s to 1minute, and only then, the call is really made.

• michald michald
     / 

Same here, car bluetooth can't see music profile each and every time I start driving, also my bluetooth speaker disconnects after a while stopping music, but device itself shows "BT connected" status. Of course before this update do 11 everything was ok.

• a j 03 a j 03
     / 

I have the same issue also. Very close to switching away from Nokia which is disappointing.

✭✭  / 

On android 10 I would start a BT phone call on my car and it was immediate. This time I counted the seconds: I started the call and nothing happens, you think nothing happened but, eventually, 20 seconds after, it started the call.