I understand the annoyance but...

Would you rather have a quicker A11 update with some bugs, like a lot of other users are reporting on different models, not just Nokia either.

I understand the annoyance but...

Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
✭✭  / 

Would you rather have a quicker A11 update with some bugs, like a lot of other users are reporting on different models, not just Nokia either. Or, wait more day/weeks/months for a more stable release?

Obviously, how things have gone so far, Nokia/HMD aren't delivering security patches or A11 in a timely manner, so it's understandable that people are sounding out.

I just want to get an idea of peoples views. And yes, Nokia/HMD could be a lot more vocal about the hold up with the update(s).

PS. For me, the Nokia 5.3 has been brilliant since having it.

Comments

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I believe you're late to the party. The delays on the updates is not because of the bugs but because for the first time, Nokia was not even a part of the Android Developer Program for A11 as confirmed by Mr. Adam Ferguson Head of Product Marketing HMD. This means they've failed in their promise of Pure, secure and up-to-date marketing campaign which was holding customers to the brand.

After the delays and broken promises people are moving on to other brands.

• Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 

I understand they weren't part of that program anymore.

Could they have done some damage limitation by being vocal about things?

Will you be moving to another brand?

I don't have any brand loyalty, I just want what suits my needs at a reasonable price and with quality.

• Kil-san Kil-san
    ✭✭  / 

It doesn't matter when the update come out, it'll always have bugs.

That's not an excuse for foolish delays despite its stock android.

✭✭✭✭  / 

But this is doing more harm than doing good, right? What's pure, secure and up-to-date now? Nokia 5.3 still runs on Feb security patch and the only phone which was supposed to get the A11 update earlier. Mr. Juho atleast used to come and inform the reason behind the delays for specific model, but after his exit, everything with HMD is lukewarm.

How will people even Love Trust and Keep?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I think when they'll sell a phone without Pure, Secure, Up to date tag line, there will be lesser people who will get annoyed by software update delays. That's the case for all other brands.

Because hmd used to promote all its phones with that PSU thingy, the expectations of the users was different. It is better now, I think with Love Trust Keep as the key tag line.

✭✭✭✭  / 

I don't think people will trust them anymore for all the delays happening with A11 roll out and timely security patch updates especially with the model Nokia 5.3, still running as of now on Feb security patch.

✭✭✭✭  / 

It's Nokia brand and this tagline which helps them to release phones with high price and outdated specs.

For me, Overall user experience is good but cannot tolerate too many phones coming out with HD+ screen and lack of fast charging support in 2021.

• MMF MMF
    ✭✭✭  / 

Medium cameras and all the models are just like the same.

And Android 12 is coming....

Android 12 Developer Preview

An early look at the next version of Android, for testing, development, and feedback. Try it today on your Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a (5G), or 5 device!

Android 12 is the 2021 update for Google's Android operating system, building on 2020's Android 11, which SOME smartphones still DONT have.

• MMF MMF
    ✭✭✭  / 

When asked about the culprit behind the delay, Adam put the blame on the fact that Nokia was not part of the Android 11 beta program this year.

We are indeed not where we wanted to be. The delay has to do with the fact that Nokia was not part of the Android Developer Program for Android 11.

How is about Android 12 beta program. Is Nokia any part of it or are there same thing with delays after delays?

• MMF MMF
    ✭✭✭  / 

Google officially released the Android 11 on September 8 2020 and started rolling it out to its Pixel phones on day one. The search giant was joined by OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, and Realme.

✭✭✭✭  / 

That's only marketing tactics.

First to tell the world that Nokia was not part of the Android Developer Program for A11

Second thing, most of the models with get the A11 update in April.

None of this is true.

The truth infact is that Android One is a big failure and still HMD has not learnt a lesson.

✭✭✭✭  / 

Today's A11 update release for Nokia 2.4 confirms that HMD is not anymore interested in Nokia 5.3.

Disappointed!!

• MMF MMF
    ✭✭✭  / 

After Nokia 8.3 5G, Nokia 5.3 and Nokia 8.1 were spotted on Geekbench running Android. Tests were done on the last days of 2020, which means that the updates could be ready for the release somewhere in January 2021, as planned in the Update Roadmap plan posted by Nokia Mobile.

What happened after that? 8.3 got A11 , 8.1 got A11 , 5.3 ?

Is there somekind of problem with 5.3?

✭✭✭✭  / 

My Nokia 5.3 as of today.