No Android 11 upgrade. No Security update. Nokia 5.3 is an orphan product?

Nokia will be my last Nokia phone.

No Android 11 upgrade. No Security update. Nokia 5.3 is an orphan product?

Hermis Hermis
✭✭  / 

Nokia will be my last Nokia phone.

Comments

• MMF MMF
    ✭✭✭  / 

This is news

HMD has announced the Android 11 update is now available for the Nokia 2.4 but nothing about the Nokia 5.3.

• Ojoruwa Ojoruwa
    ✭✭  / 

So many things wrong with Nokia now. Even our screens used to be FHD. With great ppi. But now this sucks

• sandeep desai sandeep desai
    ✭✭  / 

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏Very very sad from hmd nokia boycott from india this is very fraudulent company not provide regular updates and android 11 updated to nokia 5.3. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• M Rijk M Rijk
    ✭✭  / 

Why is Nokia 5.3 not updated? Android one policy?

Bad communication bij HMD

• sandeep desai sandeep desai
    ✭✭  / 

Very bad to hmd global nokia they were lie in every angle ban from india

• marty dav marty dav
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2

According to a long article in computer world (online)21.03.2021("What the h**l is happening with Android One?") Google is all-but ditching its support for Android One, and this is the main reason for Android 11 not appearing on so many Android One phones

• jellyfish jellyfish
    ✭✭  / 

Same here, this will be my last Nokia phone. It has so many issues.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

There's no point in raising complaint or doing anything whatsoever. It's simply waste of time.

• rajivs rajivs
    ✭✭  / 

The problem now is when hmd global is going to provide us the A11update or even the security patch. It seems they forgot about this device called Nokia 5.3.

✭✭✭✭  / 

They din't forget but could be some other reason. May be A11 was supposed to come with March security patch and there was some bug which needed to be addressed before rolling out officially.

Let's wait and see.

• rajivs rajivs
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah! That's the only thing we can do now. There are not other options but waiting.

• Lovejinder Singh Lovejinder Singh
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia finally updated the roadmap!

✭✭✭✭  / 

Wait, Wait and a Wait that's the keyword.

• Sensible Sensible
    ✭✭  / 

Where exactly is the android safe and pure updates for Nokia 5dot3? Its May and still on Feb security patch.

NOKIA if you are reading this you need to understand most people buy your phones only because of the claimed fast and secure android updates, no one really cares about the new bad devices you all keep releasing. So please pay attention to the existing devices and update them. Lets all just be honest and agree your new device hardware are not even close to compete with the competition.

So please stick to your original plan on why people buy your devices in the first place i.e for fast and timely android updates.

✭✭✭✭  / 

Strange that until this moment they have not released a statement with regards to the delays which is frustrating for users like me who trusted this brand.