No Android 11 upgrade. No Security update. Nokia 5.3 is an orphan product? - Page 2

nokia is very poor and third class mobiles company& i am very disappoint this brand

No Android 11 upgrade. No Security update. Nokia 5.3 is an orphan product?

Comments

• nokia is very poor and third class mobiles company& i am very disappoint this brand

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Only April Security patch, skipping the March security patch.

Nokia 5.3 is a big failure from HMD.

• rajivs rajivs
    ✭✭  / 

At last they started to give. Yeah! They skip March security patch. I don't know what their problems are.

✭✭✭✭  / 

What's atleast they started to give? If they cannot fulfill what they say as Pure, secure and up-to-date, let them close the shop. Those who have used Nokia phones knows very well that not all the models get the updates or upgrades on time. Many of them have even moved on.

The last Feb security patch for Nokia 5.3 came on 4th of March, today is 11th of May, it means two months they were not bothered to give even the security patches. If A11 was not coming, why was the delays then?

• rajivs rajivs
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah! Definitely. They should have close the shop if they're not able the fulfil their promises. Allmost every other brand have provided on time updates (at least the security patches), but nokia is busy doing something else. I don't wanna say thia but this time hmd global is just pathetic.

✭✭✭✭  / 

Except HMD (Nokia) none of the other brands say Pure, secure and up-to-date.

Too many phone models and most of them don't get the attention it requires and Nokia 5.3 is one of them.

They should stop flooding the market with too many budget phones, then they'll be able to concentrate on each devices and give quality updates on time.

• rajivs rajivs
    ✭✭  / 
  • Sensible Sensible
    ✭✭  / 

Was just wondering are there any custom roms available for Nokia 5dot3.

If they are neglating less than a year old device in this manner imagine how the software updates will be after an year.

✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 13

I would say Nokia 1,2,3 and 4 series were just unwanted mediocre devices. If HMD says this is the market where most of the sales happened, then only these were required. Why was there a 5,6,7,8 and 9 series, if they were not selling well?

They should have scrapped the 1,2,3 and 4 series and gone as per below.

5,6 series as entry level to low budget phones.

7,8 series as medium level to premium phones.

and 9 series as flagship.

This would have had quality OS upgrades and security patches.

Now that only C, G and X series will be available, let's c how it goes with the updates.