After April 2021 security patch, cell phone shutting down automatically.

Facing too many shut downs while using the phone after the update. any solution for the above mentioned.

After April 2021 security patch, cell phone shutting down automatically.

Vishal C Vishal C
✭✭  / 

Facing too many shut downs while using the phone after the update. any solution for the above mentioned.

Answers

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

Update Android System Webview. It caused a lot of issues with the previous two updates. I had issues and had to uninstall, which reverted back to the version the phone came with, or the updated OS came with. I have since installed the most current update and have no more restart issues. It's not the security update.

• Vishal C Vishal C
    ✭✭  / 

I have updated webview. Still it's getting switched off. Not able to use my phone. Is there any procedure to downgrade to pie?? And if there is any virus attack, how to tackle that???

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

There should be no need. I am running the current OS, and do not have the issue, so are many others. Issues like that are generally caused by apps.

Have you installed any new apps recently?

You could try what I did, uninstall Webview, restart, and see if the issue goes away.

• Sonu Yohannan Sonu Yohannan
    ✭✭  / 

I have facing the same issue. My phone shutting down frequently . please note this issue , how to fix this?

• Please has anyone managed to find a fix for this?

My phone on manages to stay on when plugged to a charger. It shuts down immediately unplug and keeps rebooting any time I try to power it on.

I have uninstalled the Android system webview, and even installed older version,formatted the phone to no avail.

• Mayur Wadkar Mayur Wadkar
    ✭✭  / 

Guys, take care of your Nokia 6.1 plus (x6) devices because my this particular device mentioned has been bricked as I was facing the same issue i dont know why but yes it all started after the March2021 update. Anyways my nokia 6.1 plus (x6) is now dead in my study table drawer.🥴🥴🥴

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

It has to do with Android System Webview. It has nothing to do with the security update. Many other phones are having the same issue, especially Samsung.