🔥🌀How about embedding notification LED into the inner ring of the camera housing?📸

Nokia Mobile launched a new lineup of phones a few weeks ago and these new devices have a pretty-looking circular camera housing that has a small circular ring inside which enhances the look of the housing.

🔥🌀How about embedding notification LED into the inner ring of the camera housing?📸

Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
Super User  /  edited June 5

Nokia Mobile launched a new lineup of phones a few weeks ago and these new devices have a pretty-looking circular camera housing that has a small circular ring inside which enhances the look of the housing. On the Nokia X20, it surrounds the ZEISS branding (as can be seen in the image of the Nokia X20 below).

How about replacing this inner circular ring with an LED ring that glows to notify about incoming messages. It would look cool, be useful and add more value to the camera housing. This thing is still not done by any brand and the LED can be matched with the color of the phone too.

Would be nice to have on future Nokia phones. What do you say @madbilly @singhnsk @nokianchetan @amaljoe ?

BTW Nokia X20 looks really pretty in this image.

Image Credits: TheMrNokia

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @Kartik Gada,

Great suggestion, hear hear @Miika Mahonen! 👏

Cheers 🙂

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Well, what I can say is that..

It will look nice.

But I don't see much use of a notifications LED left. So, instead of a notifications LED, maybe they can just keep it as a design element and also glow up the entire ZEISS logo.

Glow up the Nokia logo as well. Or when the phone clicks a photo, make some lighting animation around that ZEISS. Also use it as a indicator during counting down the timer set to auto-click an image..

Instead of the notifications LED, I'd rather look for an improved screen tech that can handle an always-on display setup where the user can keep a track of his notifications as well as the time.

• amal ジョー amal ジョー
    ✭✭✭  / 

Would love to see that. Maybe it'll also double up as a light for the macro camera 😛

• nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Great Idea 👌

I personally don't use LED notification light , instead I would love to see entire external ring as a Dual LED flash 🙂

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited June 12

Nice idea. So, once it has an LED in there it can be put to every kind of usage with just a tap in the settings menu. We can set it for notifications, use as a countdown timer while clicking photos, and also flaunt it while clicking images with that ZEISS logo lighting up or the light going circle in the ring.

Here's one more I would like to see after what @amaljoe suggested.

Being able to control how bright that flash can glow and also change its color temperature. This can be helpful for clicking photos in low light situations and can be used as a Soft light source that can assist the camera.

What more? Any other cool and useful suggestions you guys can come up with? How else can an LED be used on a phone in a useful way?

• Bharath KB Bharath KB
    ✭✭✭  / 

When an intruder tries to unlock the device with a wrong password, pattern,pin and with an unregistered fingerprint the LED can be set to turn red only when the phone is picked up using lift to wake so that the user can get notified about the trial by an intruder .

It can used as an battery indicator while only it is in charging time. But it may be useful to someone or it may not.

Ability to control the brightness of the light to its purpose like in photo mode the brightness can be set to reach its peak with temperature control to get the ring effect in the various subjects.

But it can't be as successful when it is used as notification LED as some of them prefer to keep the device in a position that the screen is up and camera array goes to the bottom so the notification LED can be kept in the power button (in case it is not embedded with fingerprint sensor ) if not it can be embedded with google assistant key.

Atlast WE NOKIA users are in a different dream takes place in a different train that runs in an different path. So the MORAL is that WE ARE DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS WITH A STUNNING NORDIC FINNISH DESIGN POLICY.

• toroop toroop
     / 

Yeah...now that we have foldable screens I would love to see Nokia's concept phones which was a wrist watch to come to life....

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Good to see people here discussing about things which is never going to come for Nokia phones soon, until some other manufacturers brings it.

For Example, Suddenly after Apple, companies started thinking about E-waste, removing chargers etc.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 

The camera ring design since the Nokia 5.3 and the Nokia 8.3 5G was definitely picked from an idea on the forum. I very well remember someone sharing drawings of the camera housing with the ring inside along with the ZEISS logo. They will pick ideas that they think can be implemented in the products.