Done with Nokia

Had the 5.4 since January. Had all the usual reboot issues, lag etc expecting Nokia to address and rectify within a few weeks.

Done with Nokia

steve hay steve hay
✭✭  / 

Had the 5.4 since January. Had all the usual reboot issues, lag etc expecting Nokia to address and rectify within a few weeks.

I have never had the displeasure of dealing with such an awful company.

On ordering it was late, no update on time and no ability to cancel the order. Constant attempts to stop it's dispatch highlighted there is no actual link between the live helpline and the ordering system.

When it did arrive I made the mistake of accepting the delivery.

Sure it's a budget phone. But Android has been around a while and for new phones to be more buggy than those 5 years old in my book unacceptable. The recent update seemed at first to make it better, but perhaps it was a placebo.

I'm still having issues with rebooting, yesterday it did the unacceptable faux pas in rebooting mid call to my parents. A phone that can't even succeed at being a phone! Ended up using a landline.

The search bar often returns no results, simply opens a blank google screen. Theres also the issue of when exiting a page from the search bar, it's gone. You have to go through the whole search again.

Even when using Chrome the pages often stall and I have to exit the page and go back where surprise surprise the page has now loaded. Lag is just something you have to live with, I'd hate to think what this is like if you played games on it!

I can't even give the phone to my wife or son as they both have old Sony phones but know how much this Nokia stinks.

Nokia won't take it back and I'll be lucky to sell it on. Might just have to accept it and leave it in a drawer as a reminder to never buy Nokia again.

Replacement has now been ordered. Needless to say it's not a Nokia.

Comments