When Nokia 7.2 will receive April 2021 security update?

It's almost start of May & Nokia 7.2 is still waiting for April update in India.

When Nokia 7.2 will receive April 2021 security update?

Sunil Mori Sunil Mori
✭✭✭  /  edited May 4

It's almost start of May & Nokia 7.2 is still waiting for April update in India. If April update will the security patch only then why Nokia 7.2 users have to wait so much time. It should been recieved in April. Coz there is no any news from HMD global about Android 11 upgrade for Nokia 7.2 till now so please deliver security update between the month if no any mejor update is there.

Tagged:

Comments

• Alan Fenemore Alan Fenemore
    ✭✭✭  / 

Have you lost your hammer Lior? 😄😄

• Eupyth Kurt Eupyth Kurt
    ✭✭  / 

are you seriously ??? i thought that you was just kidding about the hammer :| You should be the NokiThor, buddy :D :D :D

• Alan Fenemore Alan Fenemore
    ✭✭✭  / 

No way!!! That hammer is way too small to even scratch a Nokia/HMD device. Haha.

• artful splodger artful splodger
    ✭✭✭  / 

Do you not get a free phone from Samsung, pretty poor from your employer that given the time you spend on here criticising Nokia? You could film your 7.2 destruction video on it? I reckon you don't even own a Nokia 7.2, you're probably still on an original 3310 & a bit disgruntled as Snake 🐍 has stopped working 😂😂😂😂😂

✭✭✭  / 

He should use his forehead, be far more entertaining 😂

• FTBK FTBK
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 5

You'll receive an update when our Master allow you to do so.

Or... there are two ways around:

1. The rebellious slaves force their master to free them (i.e. make their bootloaders unlockable again)
    2. All, who wants to be free, buy another phone, which is free*

*the amount of slaves may remain constant, if somebody sells the phone to another person or the new phone is locked too🤪

I'm just frustrating because of this piece of...  phone which can get into cyclic reboot waking me up at the middle of my sleep

• A A
    ✭✭  / 

I bought this phone for its reliability in updates, like HMD brags about with the counterpoint research. However, they definitely don't fulfill the promise of their monthly updates for this phone.

They could've done the bare minimum and at least given us a security update yet nokia 7.2 users are here with 2 months of no security patch.

It'd be a shame if HMD drops the ball on their update promise as it's one of the very few selling points of their phones. Furthermore I'd hate to spend more than 700 euros on an iPhone if I can't trust Nokia on the updates.

Hopefully HMD solves this issue.

• BratwurstmitSenf BratwurstmitSenf
    ✭✭✭  / 

The 8.1 with Android 11 hangs on the March update and all its other unresolved issues.

The 7.2 with Android 10 is stuck on the March update and all its problems.

Thank goodness HMD guarantees security updates every month through Android One! Wait. HMD doesn't honour that at all? Is HMD a liar and a cheater?

✭✭✭  / 

Ideal cover for a rival manufacturer, pretend to be a disgruntled Nokia phone owner, subterfuge at it's finest 🧐😂

✭✭✭  / 

Reporting my posts won't make your phone work any better, try stamping your feet & scream "Help me Nokia" at the top of your voice!😫😉

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

You guys are waiting for April security patch while the users of Nokia 5.3 are still on Feb security patch. So the only thing to do is to have patience and wait. How long, only HMD knows.

• Eupyth Kurt Eupyth Kurt
    ✭✭  / 

wait.. is nokia planing to make a Hammer company :o such a perfect plan 🤨

• Sunil Mori Sunil Mori
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 21

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

We buy and use Nokia phones because we trust them, so have patience even if there are delays, the updates will come for sure.

Anyways for Nokia 5.3, they had skipped the March security patch and released the April Security patch in May after two months of wait.

But TBH, security patches are nothing, whether they come monthly or no, the thing wich matters the most are bug fixes which doesn't happen regularly and this is what they need to improve the most.

✭✭✭  / 

The 8.1 is also stuck with Android 11 on the March update. The week after next, my Pixel will get the June update. Maybe they (HMD) haven't paid their internet provider and can't load any more patches from Google since March.

HMD is the most ridiculous company in the world.

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 24

This is so interesting, people NOT having any major issues on their devices are called liars, NOKIA /HMD employees and trolls...

So just because I'm currently quite satisfied with my budget/mid range device (7.2) I'm something of above?

This device is my third Android One device (two previous were Xiaomi's) and the updates were almost every time delayed and broken and still are delayed quite often (not familiar with A!! status!).

My 5 months old, 3 x price, work phone (worlds largest cellphone manufacturer) is far from free from bugs or annoyances ...

✭✭✭  / 

What do people with problems care about the constant whining of the same people who supposedly have no problems, but can't use the standard apps because of bugs, like the camera app and others.

This is a problem (solution) forum and not a forum for claqueurs.

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

Well, You're entitled to Your opinion!

But could You please point out where in the Nokia forum rules there is a statement that says that positive feedback isn't allowed on a support forum ... 

✭✭✭  / 
  • Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 26
  • Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

I really don't understand why You're so freaking aggressive.

I'm NOT implying anything at all. Just saying that not ALL users are experiencing severe problems. Too bad that hurts Your precious feelings...

As I don't have any statistics about issues, minor or major, I can't tell how frequent these issues are and how many are affected by them. I assume You can enlighten us about that.

Ridiculous and pathetic?? Well, that statement says a LOT about Your maturity level.

Have a great day!

• Sunil Mori Sunil Mori
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 30

HMD Global, please do the needful for monthly security updates and Android 11 upgrades of Nokia phones. To complete the 2nd quarter, only one month is there and Android 11 upgradation for many Nokia phones that has been promised by HMD Global for 2nd quarter, are pending. Have you decided to pushing android 11 upgrades again and again? You don't have to do changes in system software like custom skins phones then why the delivery of Android 11 is stucking?

I had purchased Nokia due to the latest Android system softwares but it's my last phone of Nokia due to irregularaty of upgrades.

• Azmatic Azmatic
    ✭✭  / 

Every post on this community i go to now has the same 2-3 guys arguing. It's become very annoying. Let people complain about whatever issues they're having with their phone. Do not undermine anyones issues by saying you don't have them. Either provide a solution you may know or ignore the comment. Simple!

• RazzSahani RazzSahani
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 31

When Nokia's sleep will break

• Yeti 999 Yeti 999
    ✭✭  / 

Children playground

• Sunil Mori Sunil Mori
    ✭✭✭  / 

Without any security update, my phone Nokia 7.2 is displaying a red sign. in the System Security Settings. Please see the screenshot.

• matthewkuhl matthewkuhl
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yeah, that comes up once the security update is 3 months behind (which it is now)