Purchased nokia 2.4 last month and whatsapp video call is not happening on the device

My parents has purchased nokia 2.4 last month and whatsapp video call is not happening on the device.

Purchased nokia 2.4 last month and whatsapp video call is not happening on the device

viplvr01 viplvr01
✭✭  / 

My parents has purchased nokia 2.4 last month and whatsapp video call is not happening on the device. When video call starts it only shows "connecting". Same happens for the whatsapp audio call. If connected to wifi whatsapp works.

It has jio 4G network. Youtube works fine. Hence 4G network works.

Whatsapp works with wifi hence whatasapp works and has all permissions. I haven't tried other video calling apps though.

Still, I have uninstalled whatsapp, restarted phone, cleared app data, forced stop app and started again but nothing helped. It has all access permission required to make video call. I couldn't diagnose that issue.

Can someone please point me to the right solution.

Whats app video call is the only easy way to video call my parents back in India

Comments

• Sarah G Sarah G
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2021

It's not a phone issue. Might be sim error only.. most probably. Some settings for messed up I think so. Can you try "reset app preferences" & then it it right work then.. factory reset

• viplvr01 viplvr01
    ✭✭  / 

I did everything that I from the phone.

Solution: <Worked for me> Is that reporting issue to whatsapp team and they somehow fixed by some updates. Tricky thing to know for normal customers.

After that, Duo video call also going fine.