Finally... I'm too facing the CHARGING PORT DISCONNECTION PROBLEM

I have been reading posts and comments about people complaining that the charging port on their Nokia 7 Plus has stopped working or has started to work erratically.

Finally... I'm too facing the CHARGING PORT DISCONNECTION PROBLEM

praveenp praveenp
✭✭✭✭  / 

I have been reading posts and comments about people complaining that the charging port on their Nokia 7 Plus has stopped working or has started to work erratically.

Thankfully, in these past 3 years, I was lucky enough to not to face this issue.

But how far will I be saved?

So... Now, my Nokia 7 Plus is also having the same issue and in the past 1 week, it has been extremely painful to charge the phone as I need to check the phone every 10-15 minutes. Sometimes, even if it's working fine, just lifting the phone to check results into disconnection of the charging port. Even a slight movement of the cable causes the port to disconnect (it also changes the message from Charging Rapidly to just Charging and even takes 15-20 minutes to charge hardly 5-7%)

I wonder how come a brand like this big name can use such cheap components? Surprisingly, many other phone models too have the same issue.

And by reading the experiences of people here, I'm FULLY CONFIDENT AND TRUST HMD-NOKIA that if I visit the service center after the lockdown gets over here in Rajasthan, I won't find a replacement of this charging port. So seems like I have to live with it unless I buy a new one.

I have been using my Samsung since 2015, and I do not remember ANY hardware related issue that I faced till now.

Tagged:

Comments

• Axx Axx
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also facing this issue. I can only charge my mobile at a specific angle of charger and phone. I also bought a new cable for this but with no success. I guess we have to pay a huge amount of money to nokia now just for their fault

• Axx Axx
    ✭✭  / 

I know some peoples will now come and say nokia had not promised this and other stuff but what the **** has nokia done with the 26k amount. AFAIR there are many phones available with same specs at around 11-12k price also. There was also a poco phone with snapdragon 835 and that too of around 18k price. I took nokia even after that because I want a better experience with this phone. I know that software can make all the difference (like in case of phones which does not have very high end specs but have great software due to which they are way more faster and fluid) and nokia can give better software experience for this extra cost. But no, they just take the raw SP and send to us which only leads to a very buggy software and a bad experience. I still could not imagine that a phone with so great processor is still running way slower than other phones with similar processors.

• Axx Axx
    ✭✭  / 

Sorry if someone found it way too much. As I previously told, this is due to the lockdown. I just got a lot mad even for small things (though this one was not small). It is the most expensive phone in my house. Other mobiles do not even touch the 15k price tag and they really perform way better as compared to my mobile so I am a bit more sad about it.

• AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

You aren't alone. I can understand your feelings, but we can't do anything :/

BTW poco has 845

• shriram fowkar shriram fowkar
    ✭✭✭  / 

I too started facing same issue in Nov 2020. Got the charging port replaced gor 1000/-. Since then touch-wood its working well. I have to use this phone atleast till Nov 2021.

• praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

** Update **

So as of today, the fast charging is GONE I guess. Because I am only seeing Charging instead of Charging Rapidly and it took around 1.5hr to charge from 38% to 89%, usually it should have charged full within this time interval. (currently, it was 92% at 7:37AM and now at 7:56AM, it is 96%. 4% charged in nearly 19 minutes).

Overall... F* you HMD. This issue had popped up at a time when it's complete lockdown here in Rajasthan, and if this continues to get worse and ends up in not charging at all, then I think the phone will be dead till everything becomes normal again (which I don't think will happen anytime soon).

No other brand users other than HMD Nokia might have complained extensively about their charging ports becoming useless. Twitter is full of these complains. Such a big brand, and using such cheap components that too in a phone which was priced way too premium for the specs that are offered.

• praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Now a new issue has risen.

The charging stops at some random battery percentage and it displays Charged on the screen.

This happens even if the charger is unplugged and re-plugged.

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 

Try with recalibrating your battery. Also see from accubattery app from play store, how much has your battery undergone degradation.

Now with gradual unlocking, if Nokia care is open may be you can enquire about new battery and port.

Even I am thinking of getting a new battery but in a dilemma similar to you. I have charging port issue, battery won't hold charge, so don't know investing on this phone is a good decision or not.

✭✭✭✭  / 

Replace your charging port, I had the same problem. You can also try charging the phone with slow charger(worked for me)

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 

@AniketThakur from where did you get your port changed? Nokia care or local shop?

Also, any idea how much does 7+ battery costs? And where to get it from, local or Nokia care?

• praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Battery health is 94% (3562mAh) as per Accubattery.

Yes thinking of the same, but no idea whether Nokia Care is open or not as it's lockdown till 30 June. And even if it opens, availability of spares is again a matter of concern. How much did the replacement costed you?

It is already taking nearly 2.5hrs to fully charge with the original charger, slow charger will take even more. How much time does it take for you to refill the battery?

✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 18

Nokia care, ₹2050 for port and ₹3000 for battery.