NOKIA 5.4 Microphones Gain Level

It seems the NOKIA 5.4 (Philippine Variant) having trouble with Video and Audio Recording. Situation #1:

NOKIA 5.4 Microphones Gain Level

jeffianFM jeffianFM
✭✭✭  / 

It seems the NOKIA 5.4 (Philippine Variant) having trouble with Video and Audio Recording.

Situation #1: When you record a Video or Audio (including third party apps) then trying to play the Audio/Video it seems the Speaker is not loud as we expected or very low volume.

Situation #2: Using 3G or LTE Voice Call, most of the time when you calling somebody with different phone brands/models. It seems the NOKIA 5.4 having problem also with Microphones, we can't hear by the other callers and the volume is not so loud as we expected. (Already contacted the Network Operators and it seems no problem at all and the according to the investigation of service providers, it's HMD Global fault/problem)

Temporary Solution:

# 1. Use Headphones/Headsets with built in Microphone.

# 2. Inform your Network Operators that you're experiencing problem with NOKIA 5.4

Final Solution:

Software Updates for bug fixes particular the 5.4 Microphones.

Comments

• Glen Andrew Glen Andrew
    ✭✭  /  edited May 14

Same with my situation. I also tried calling using Google Duo and Facebook Messenger, and the problem still persists. However, I do not know if it is caused by hardware or software. How sure are you that it is a software problem?

• Grönblom Grönblom
    ✭✭  / 

Omani,huollossa, mikrofoni hajosi.

• jewelie jewelie
    ✭✭  / 

Quite. It could be a manufacturing quality problem, too much variability on the gain of the microphone hardware components. Hard to tell.

See my other post, I've found many more issues; when I get home (away dealing with a medical emergency for a few months) I'll be returning the phone for repair or refund.