Suggestion: Extend the OTP based login system for community and other ares

The Nokia.com/phones website has seen a number of significant design and functionality changes in the past few months.

Suggestion: Extend the OTP based login system for community and other ares

singhnsk singhnsk
Super User  / 

The Nokia.com/phones website has seen a number of significant design and functionality changes in the past few months.

One such change there is the use of 4-digit email OTP to complete the login attempt. It is the next significant change since a few years(?) when the password was dropped in favor of a login link sent to the email.

Now that a system is in place, can that be extended to the Nokia phones community as well? It will make the login process easier and satisfactory for the following reasons

We won't need to login to our email program within the same browser/PC: Because the email link passes the login cookie to the same device/browser window from which the link is clicked, it currently requires the user to login to his email address from the same device. If it is changed to the OTP based setup, I can simply enter the OTP from the email app on my phone instead of having to log on to the email platform from my PC.

Ease: For me at least, it is easier to quickly check the email (notification) and key in the OTP as compared to clicking the email link.

A suggestion to further improve the OTP logins: Can it be further improved by also allowing users to use the phone number and SMS OTP?

CC-ing to @dipankar paul & @Nikhil.V 😉

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 

Implementing this will definitely make the login process a lot easier and even better if the OTP comes as an SMS. This way I can easily enter the OTP by just looking at the notification without having to leave the browser on phone or by just looking at the lock screen and enter it on PC. The process becomes much shorter and faster. 🙂