[Vintage tech talk] Nokia E5 phone on Win10-64 not possible anymore (earlier it was)

I would be interested in moving photos/videos from the phone to the notebook.

[Vintage tech talk] Nokia E5 phone on Win10-64 not possible anymore (earlier it was)

no-hotspot no-hotspot
✭✭  / 

I would be interested in moving photos/videos from the phone to the notebook. Another application of occasional interest would be to reconfigure the phone using a backup file on the notebook. Tethering is not topical, however.

This was possible until a few months ago, even either via USB or bluetooth. Somehow along the way it got lost, and in order to recuperate the function, I uninstalled all the Nokia software - except PC connectivity solution and Pccsmcfd legacy driver, because I received a more serious warning.

Testing the result, I see this:

• I can connect via USB (and sometimes also with Bluetooth). I can access Nokia files from my notebook.
  • Once I have installed the suite, USB connection won't work anymore (let alone Bluetooth).

I would be content with the first part, provided there is a realistic way to so use the backup file (.nbu), if ever necessary, instead of via the suite. Otherwise, the fault between the suite and the phone would have to be solved, I assume - but how? I use the 'latest' version (3.8.54.0), and I assume it must be some driver, but wich one? Maybe because I have 64 bits?