#ShotOnNokia Spotlight Sophia

Every month we share photos and videos that we find on our #ShotOnNokia hashtag.

#ShotOnNokia Spotlight Sophia

rt social marketing rt social marketing
Staff member  / 

Every month we share photos and videos that we find on our #ShotOnNokia hashtag.

It’s a chance for us to see what this wonderful Nokia phones community is creating and to highlight some of the incredible images that you’ve taken. 

But who are the people behind the camera? 

This month, we caught up with Sophia, @sophia.from.russia.with.love to find out. She's an incredibly talented Nokia phones community member hailing from Ivanovo in Russia, who focuses her work on capturing the beauty in everything, all using her trusty #Nokia7dot2.

She shared with us how she got started with photography, whilst gracing us with a few tips as well: 

Q: How do you capture such unique shots?

A: I believe that almost any random place or any random thing is beautiful. All you need is the appropriate foreshortening to catch it. And of course, you need a good camera.

Q: What’s your favourite part about photography?

A: The most interesting part of taking photos is the object hunt. When I manage to find a beautiful view in some casual place, it’s like finding treasure.

Q: How long have you been interested in photography?

A: When I was a little girl, my dad allowed me to help him print the photos he took on his film camera. The dark room, ultraviolet lamp and the magic that revealed pictures on white paper — it was amazing!

Q: What advice would you give to aspiring photographers?

A: Beauty is everywhere. Just pay attention and you’ll find it.

Q: Among your work, which one is your favourite? Why?

A: I love this one. It looks like a fairy tale and it’s so hard to find a place like this when you’re casually looking.

Q: What is the one thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos?

A: There are no limits. No rules. Everything can be pictured beautifully.

If you’re equally as inspired by Sophia as we are and want to be featured in our next #ShotOnNokia Spotlight, comment below and tell us your story.

rt

Comments