[Solved] [Bug] Login form doesn't work on Firefox (Android, Windows & Linux)

Dear community manager(s), there's some bug in the javascript that handled the login form that is blocking the compatibility with Firefox web browser.

[Solved] [Bug] Login form doesn't work on Firefox (Android, Windows & Linux)

singhnsk singhnsk
Super User  /  edited June 5

Dear community manager(s), there's some bug in the javascript that handled the login form that is blocking the compatibility with Firefox web browser.

The login button never turns blue even when a complete email address is entered and as such remains unclickable. The form functions as expected on browsers based on Chromium. I have tried with Firefox stable, beta and nightly with each version having the same issue.

I don't know many people who primarily use Firefox, but I'm sure our @madbilly is one. I'll appreciate if the development team fixes the issue to ensure that all leading web browsers get a similar treatment. As for myself, I'm practically being forced to use the My Phone app even on a non-Nokia smartphone because I disagree to switch to Chrome.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Update: It has been fixed. Now I can log in using my 🔥🦊 again!

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @singhnsk,

I must have missed this bug, thankfully, due to not logging in very frequently. You are right I do use Firefox. Sometimes Firefox tracking protection stops things like this working, so maybe it wasn't the website. Anyway, it works now!

Cheers 🙂

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi @madbilly, actually it happened so that initially the login stayed broken on all browsers, even Chromium for over a week. Since even hmd staff would use that, I think they realized it and had it fixed. After this fix, login on Firefox continued to remain broken (I already tried disabling the tracking protection). And thankfully a day or so after posting this (and an email), they fixed it up. So, all good. Still thankful that they cared for the few Firefox users even though they strongly promote the Google ecosystem now :D