How to charge slowly the Nokia 8.3?

There is a way to slow charge the Nokia 8.3, using the same charger? With the Nokia 8.1 this was possibile keeping the display turned on during the charge.

How to charge slowly the Nokia 8.3?

unnbe unnbe
✭✭  / 

There is a way to slow charge the Nokia 8.3, using the same charger?

With the Nokia 8.1 this was possibile keeping the display turned on during the charge.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  Accepted Answer

Hi @unnbe it is not possible to do that. You should buy another charger with lower power output if you want to charge it slower.

The Nokia 8.1 case was actually its limitations, probably due to thermal setup. And that was a non-standard way. We cannot expect the same on other devices too :)

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  Accepted Answer

@unnbe, I do not own a Nokia 8.3, they never launched it here in my region. The battery performance may improve to some extent as the system learns your usage habits. That is when Android's Adaptive Battery will kick in.

That said, the Nokia 8.1 did have a more addressive task handler which used to restrict background apps to some extent. It used to close most of the background apps during its ram management stage. I do not think the more cleaner software on the Nokia 8.3 will be doing that. But we will still have to see how adaptive battery handles it. Maybe you can monitor the battery usage by apps and try to restrict background activity for apps that you use less often.

Answers

• unnbe unnbe
    ✭✭  /  edited June 5

Hi,

Got it, thanks @singhnsk !

Maybe, do you own a Nokia 8.3? I recently bought one (3 days ago) finding the battery performance not very satisfing me so far. A full charge lasts less than i was expecting (compared to my Nokia 8.1 experience): aprox. 12hrs under not very intense use. What do you think about this?

I hope this is a kind of "trial stage" because the phone (so the battery) is brand new. Also hope the "adaptive" software correction will do its job in next few days.

• unnbe unnbe
    ✭✭  / 

@singhnsk all clear, thanks! :)

• unnbe unnbe
    ✭✭  /  edited June 7

Update (for those interested): from the 4th day of constant use, the the Android's adaptive battery starts to work fine. In this moment I'm at 20% and my last charge was 1 day and half ago (even during the sleep time i use to shut down the phone).

• unnbe unnbe
    ✭✭  /  edited June 21

New update: with a soft. reset I solved the very poor battery performance. Evidently the backup from my previous phone (a Nokia 8.1) caused incorrect settings.

Unfortunately, even if the phone works better now, the battery does not last more than a day. Even switching it off at night.

I'm very disappointed. Again, my phone usage has not changed from the previous phone (Nokia 8.1) which lasted - at least - 1.5 days.

I'm really curious to ear about the 100% charge battery duration from some other Nokia 8.3 owners.